Female pool players - I have question for you

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
There are a couple of female pro players that I follow. Some of these players definitely fall into the category of being attractive women. Many posts about them that I see (here, Facebook, etc.) typically start off with something oriented around their "hot-ness", "sexiness", etc. (quotes from several recent posts I saw).

Now, it's not that I don't recognize an attractive woman when I see one, but the question I have is: Doesn't it bother you that you are not first known for how you play?

Many of the male players that are discussed are typically discussed with regard to their playing ability. Much of the banter around who should play who, what kind of spot someone would need, what kind of player they are, what their strengths are, etc.

I was wondering how the women players feel about this. Am I off the mark on this one?

- Steve
 
Hi Steve;

I'm afraid you won't get a whole lot of responses because az has only a small number of lady players as members.

I do know that I, and many others, have a lot of respect for some of these "hot" girls who would have little problem dispatching me to the loser's bracket. Jasmin and Ga Young Kim leap to mind.

Human nature will have guys, who in the case of az make up the vast majority, enjoying the sight of pretty girls draping themselves over pool tables. Oh, sorry, or even just leaning a little. :smile:

And if they can shoot at a high level, well that's a huge value-added bonus, I'd say.

I agree with you that it would be nice to get a little of their perspective on it.

best,
brian kc
 
There are a couple of female pro players that I follow. Some of these players definitely fall into the category of being attractive women. Many posts about them that I see (here, Facebook, etc.) typically start off with something oriented around their "hot-ness", "sexiness", etc. (quotes from several recent posts I saw).

Now, it's not that I don't recognize an attractive woman when I see one, but the question I have is: Doesn't it bother you that you are not first known for how you play?

Many of the male players that are discussed are typically discussed with regard to their playing ability. Much of the banter around who should play who, what kind of spot someone would need, what kind of player they are, what their strengths are, etc.

I was wondering how the women players feel about this. Am I off the mark on this one?

- Steve

Look at it this way, they are known because of their playing ability, and their "hotness" is just a descriptor. If you didn't watch pool, you wouldn't know who Jasmine Ouschan was in the first place, and never seen her to say how she looks.

To turn it around, when we are watching baseball or football, my gf will comment about so and so being cute. But she never would've seen him if it weren't for the game itself.
 
Steve;

I should have added that there are some azers who follow the ladies game with great interest.

One of them being, Johnnyt.

best,
brian kc
 
Back
Top