Filipinos More Relaxed In Their Stance

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I follow a lot of the good Filipino players on tournament streams and on Star Billiard Center Manila on the 24/7 stream. I have noticed the Filipino players bodies are a lot more relaxed at the table than the players from other countries. Most of the Asian (China, Tawain, Korea), and Euopean players have an almost military robotic style. Both seem to pocket balls very well. US players seem to be all over the map when in their stance shooting. One size doesn't fit all. I can remember when all the other countries tried to copy our (the US) players stances. Being relaxed has to help your game. Johnnyt
 
I think the Filipino players are like most of the people I meet from the Philippines, they say life in the Philippines moves at a slow pace than the USA, is is very much less stressful than in the USA. Maybe we need to just kick back and relax like my NEW BP DRUG does to me. It has slowed me way down, and the funny thing is it is effecting my Pool game on the positive side.:p
 
pocket billiards is the num.1 game in the philipines , as I'm sure most of you guys know, I'm in a country where we have alot of philipino guys work here and I have lots of friends from the philipines, I see lots of philipino guys in the poolhalls that I go to, not all of them play that good, but trust me, every one of them know how to hold a cue and stroke it on the pool table, even in my gym I've spoken to some trainers who are from the philipines and all of them play pool one time a week, they tell me that wherever you go in the philipines you will find pool tables, everywhere, thus why All of them know how to play or at least know how to shoot.

but in the stance thing, I happen to disagree , they sure have a nice stance, soft, with viollin stroke as billy incardona named it, but in my opinion their stance , with the softness hold on their cue grib make them a target of falling into the (what I call it) body language/movement when their under pressure or shaking. I really witnessed almost all the philipino players(except very few) who either jump up, or move their body in weird way as they shoot, you can even see it on efren when he's not comfortable or not playing well, and I think its a flaw in their stance imo, whenever their scared or under pressure or afraid of something, they will jump up, move left, move right on their final stroke, when he trys to cut the ball to left, he jumps to right etc. I'm sure some of you have seen it, and yes not only philipino do it, but in the USA/europe stance this rarely happens, even if the USA player misses the shot, or under pressure, his stance will be as stable as it was when he is in dead stroke.

Thats just how I see it personally as I know lots of philipino players here in my country, and from what i've watched from accu-stats vids too, all of them have the body english after shots , which is promoted by their stance(only if their not playing well or not in stroke).
 
Back
Top