Final Round of Pix, Shane vs. Earl

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Shane lines up and gets ready to slaughter whitey. The old pop'n'stop does work on a 10 footer, the 2nd row balls
still dutifully head for the sides, and 1 tends to hang up very near the top corner. Still, the table took away some of
Shane's usual breaking dominance.


qdGLU.jpg


Earl's break is just a standard professional break, at least on this table. He seldom made anything and would go dry for hours. He tried breaking with the 70 incher, plus adding or removing arm weights, but it didn't help. Nobody can claim earl won from having a few good breaks (which some people seem to believe about shane).

9hyAf.jpg


Shane gently tweaking the 2nd row balls while Earl stalks away. Maybe it's a move, maybe he just wants 'em perfect because his own break wasn't up to par.

ijRtS.jpg


Earl tweaking the rack, with Shane ready to retweak as soon as he steps away.

7eclD.jpg


The rake played less of a part than you'd think. Earl's cue hardly needed it. At one point he had a shot he just couldn't reach, and started rummaging through his bag. He seemed to be looking for an extension... when his cue is already extended a foot more than most people's. Earl's equipment bag is awesome and contains a full case of chalk, at least two sets of headphones, the magnifying glass, and probably a lathe. The only thing he might be missing is a jump cue.

G0AY9.jpg


More autograph signing. I should know who that is on the left... someone help me out.

TNH8r.jpg


You will pretty much NEVER see Earl hug an opponent. I think he feels kinda paternal towards Shane, who is still quite young for a world champion. Try to picture Earl hugging Ralf Souquet in front of dozens of people.

20kFC.jpg


Earl's pretty chipper and chatty afterwards. Nice to see the guy smile occasionally.

ZJN1H.jpg


Let's not forget the men behind that camera on the left... they made it all possible.

5O7uu.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: JAM
Part 2:

PART 2:

Earl gives someone in the crowd his patented dirty look.

DO8Sx.jpg


Two balls will NOT fit. Tighter than a default diamond's, on a 10 footer, with wide (aka harder) openings.

nq4GY.jpg


You can just tell by looking at him.

FMqUz.jpg


Shane signs Earl's earmuffs. Earl slammed them (Along with his cue, twice, an some chalk)
onto the ground after a tough shot. John Schmidt: "uh oh, Delta Airlines isn't gonna like that. Those things are expensive." Amazingly, earl carries BACKUP earmuffs.


wOfrf.jpg


Shane's ready to autograph and seems in pretty good spirits despite the loss.

bZZY7.jpg


Earl, complete with backup muffs and falconry gear, brings it home.

veIw4.jpg


We all know Earl shakes after a game, unless it was a tough loss or you fidgeted.

NtZnt.jpg


Nice roll! Thank the gentleman on the right for providing the venue. The fella on the left looks an awful lot like Mike Massey :D


Cnnb1.jpg
 
Last edited:
i did slim.
I hope you weren't in the witness protection program!

nope, i just thought they looked alot like the ones that you took.

Great pictures, wanted credit to go where credit was due.

It was a pleasure to meet you there, next time i plan a trip down to mikes i will shoot you an email & maybe we can get together & hit a few racks.

Take care,

slim
 
Great pictures. They really capture the atmosphere of the event. Thanks for sharing! :)
 
How did you get by snapping pics without Earl impaling you with that javelin he was carrying?!? :grin:

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks for posing pictures

creedo,

very cool of you to help roadking share the pictures he took this past weekend.
Luckily i only uglied up a couple of them.
Too bad more guys from the forum could not be there to enjoy the action.

Slim
 
Yea let me know Slim
I think Ice Breakers runs a chip tourn. on fri. or sat. night, $12.
Those pic's are from my phone(not to bad huh)
 
that was Gary Patrick on the left, but the other guy you mentioned - he wasn't Mike Massey.

Yes Icebreakers runs a chip tourney Fri and Sat, starts at 7. Sometimes they run a BNR contest as well, I think. I'm not sure what the BNR pot is up to.

Here's a pic I took of Earl and Shane talking about a few shots that came up.
EarlShane.jpg
 
oops, sorry everyone, I did mean to mention roadking as the photographer but I dogged it. I only wish I'd taken them myself.

I'm embarrassed, I was watching the stream live and I was somehow sure that was mike massey. I thought he just came for fun. From a certain angle, it looks like him anyway. Thanks for the correction.
 
Back
Top