Finally back in stroke...

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jesus christ i will never understand that... how can someone who is able to run 100+ all the sudden not be able to get into the 2nd rack like 15 times in a row ???? and not only on 1 day, i am talking about a week sometimes ! that is pissing me off so ****ing bad i like to break my cue ! god damn !!! :angry:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
jesus christ i will never understand that... how can someone who is able to run 100+ all the sudden not be able to get into the 2nd rack like 15 times in a row ???? and not only on 1 day, i am talking about a week sometimes ! that is pissing me off so ****ing bad i like to break my cue ! god damn !!! :angry:

I concur, but that's what keeps us coming back for more !!!!!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Last edited:

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i throwed it too many times already. point is, when you can run 100 you have to have a certain level even on a bad day, and then it just can not be like that. thats how beginners play but not me or you. I mean, even on those days we should be able to run at least 30,40 or 50 in my opinion. i played like 15 innings until i was too pissed to continue with a high run of maybe 25 ! the best i had was that 46 & 57 couple days ago but other then that only bullshit

sausage

Banned
sascha: i recently posted about this straight-pool phenomenon where one day you can look like a pro and the next, a novice. if it's any consolation, i've see excellent players too hit the 14.1 wall. one of the keys i believe is to be well rested. also, sometimes you are in the beginning stages of getting a cold and don't know it which effects concentration. then there are other times, for unknown reasons, your brain just doesn't work as fast as the previous day yet we try to maintain the same playing rhythm. this leads to a slew of little mistakes that magnify themselves as the rack progresses. sometimes i keep track of my mistakes which keeps me from being surprised by the dismal outcome.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
i throwed it too many times already. point is, when you can run 100 you have to have a certain level even on a bad day, and then it just can not be like that. thats how beginners play but not me or you. I mean, even on those days we should be able to run at least 30,40 or 50 in my opinion. i played like 15 innings until i was too pissed to continue with a high run of maybe 25 ! the best i had was that 46 & 57 couple days ago but other then that only bullshit

Didn't Ralf Souqet finish a day at the Derby City Challenge one year with a high run of 8 or 10? I think we've all seen daily 100 ball runners fall to pieces at some point.

Which means, theres no hope for any of us. On any given day we could become absolutely useless.

I've experienced the same issue, it sucks not getting through one rack. I've had days playing snooker where I couldn't get past 20 points in practice (which is beyond lame). The problem is when we get frusterated it just compounds the issue, and we end up trying too hard.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Ralf Souqet finish a day at the Derby City Challenge one year with a high run of 8 or 10?

The problem is when we get frusterated it just compounds the issue, and we end up trying too hard.

never heard that about Ralf...the other statement is very true...

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
wow, but the difference is they can come back and run 100+ any time on you...

Still makes me feel good:).

It's a funny game, some days I feel like I can get to 50 or better no problem. Other days 30 seems impossible and I'd be happy to eak out a 20.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a funny game, some days I feel like I can get to 50 or better no problem. Other days 30 seems impossible and I'd be happy to eak out a 20.

True, but i expect at least a 50+ from myself anytime because i know what i am capable of. runiing 20 or 30 means nothing special to me anymore. That´s why i am pissed when i don´t get to at least 50. To be honest i don´t think any 100 ball runner is happy when he gets to only 20 or 30 for a couple days.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
True, but i expect at least a 50+ from myself anytime because i know what i am capable of. runiing 20 or 30 means nothing special to me anymore. That´s why i am pissed when i don´t get to at least 50. To be honest i don´t think any 100 ball runner is happy when he gets to only 20 or 30 for a couple days.

Certainly, I know where your coming from. I only play 14.1 casually so I don't push myself very hard in it, but when Im practicing I typically wont leave the pool room unless I've hit a break of 70 in snooker. But I've been on a 2 month slump, so I've relaxed my requirement to 50 for the moment. Suffice to say, it's made for some occassionally very long and frusterating sessions, haha.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played really strong today, had my high run of the week....just kidding..actually it was my highest this week but it was only 34 !!! :angry:
God, when is this going to end ???

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Sasha,

Just watched the 57. In my opinion that was your best run to date, it could of easily been a hundred+. You were removing the balls from the table perfectly. No unnecessary cue ball movement, picking off balls instead of running into them, working with what you had instead of trying to make something happen.

You just got a bad break on that last break shot or you would still be going. Great job my friend. You are going to have a really big run very soon.

-Bill

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sasha,

Just watched the 57. In my opinion that was your best run to date, it could of easily been a hundred+. You were removing the balls from the table perfectly. No unnecessary cue ball movement, picking off balls instead of running into them, working with what you had instead of trying to make something happen.

You just got a bad break on that last break shot or you would still be going. Great job my friend. You are going to have a really big run very soon.

-Bill

Well thanks for the nice words my friend. To be honest, i wouldn´t consider that as my best run because i did not see any difference in clearing the tables and i got lucky twice in the 2nd rack. I shot in the 3 ball and thought i would hit the stripe but i din´t and got lucky to have a shot at the 8, then right after i got lucky i did not scratch in the side. Anyway,thanks for the motivation to keep going, i hope i get a good run again real soon cause i can´t stand those 2 rack runs anymore !

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, i hit em again this morning and finally played good pool again, have to review the run later and upload it then...;)

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, i hit em again this morning and finally played good pool again, have to review the run later and upload it then...;)

I reviewed it, well i had bad luck....i ran 22 and then a ball skidded. I was sick of skidding balls so i put it back into position and made it, continued to run 63 more after that. That brings me to 85,i broke the rack and ended up dead with no shot ! Man i was in stroke and the 100 was close ! Damn !

Uploading it now...

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sasha,

-Bill

Well, i guess you were right my friend ;) thanks for picking me up...