First Recorded Great pool Shootout

mr.que

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where would i go, or who would i talk to to get these signatures authenticated?

willie & fats 006.jpg

willie & fats 008.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I seriously doubt that these signatures are authentic! I'm sitting here looking at two "real" signatures, and they look something like this but definitely not the same. It appears that someone may have attempted to copy these signatures from originals. By the way, Fats rarely if ever signed his name. It was not his real name and he was barely literate. That is why he used that rubber stamp all his life.

Last edited:

mr.que

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seriously doubt that these signatures are authentic! I'm sitting here looking at two "real" signatures, and they look something like this but definitely not the same. It appears that someone may have attempted to copy these signatures from originals. By the way, Fats rarely if ever signed his name. It was not his real name and he was barely literate. That is why he used that rubber stamp all his life.

I got this photo from Superstroke Dave about 15 years ago. Back when i ran a WI based pool magazine. Cant remember for the life of me what the circumstances were. so no chance in hell that the are real? Damn:angry:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got this photo from Superstroke Dave about 15 years ago. Back when i ran a WI based pool magazine. Cant remember for the life of me what the circumstances were. so no chance in hell that the are real? Damn:angry:

Yes, there is a chance in Hell they're real. Fortunately we live up here, and I don't think they're real in our world.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote Fats a check for a little over $100 for a cue he bought for me in 1975. The canceled check was signed/endorsed by somebody? Maybe his wife. First and last time I saw a signature. Every other time he pulled out the rubber stamp.
Sadly the check is lost.