First time playing on a diamond

midstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well took the five hour trip to shooters in olathe. Had the opportunity to shoot on a diamond smart table 7'. My word i dont want to shoot on anything else ever again!!! Only had hour to kill so did not get to use the 9' tables. Guess i will have to make another trip lol. IMHO it is the best table i ever played on.

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time you go, play on the back left corner 9' proam. You won't regret it. Good shootn Carl

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a Gold Crown IV that i bought brand new. i cant imagine a table playing better than what the Gold Crown IV does. i played on a 9' Diamond once and i must admit it was an awesome playing table. but with new cloth on my GCIV i dont see any benefit the Diamond would give me.

DCP

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a Gold Crown IV that i bought brand new. i cant imagine a table playing better than what the Gold Crown IV does. i played on a 9' Diamond once and i must admit it was an awesome playing table. but with new cloth on my GCIV i dont see any benefit the Diamond would give me.

DCP

For players like us, you are mostly right.

For those who hope to play in big events like the DCC/ US Open, then it would be advisable to spend some time on a Diamond though. They do play tuffer than a GC, generally. Make your bungie pucker up, if you rattle a couple early!

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
A couple of weeks ago I was in Blowing Rock, NC. for a week and played on my first diamond as well at Family Billiards in Foscoe... A nine footer w/blue Simonis cloth. It was an outstanding table and well maintained. The owner was super friendly as well, showing me his Gus and chatting it up...

Anyway, the table was great, and I was impressed too...is it any better than a Gold Crown that is maintained just as well? I'd say that's a flip of the coin...
Either one would suit me...but I like the fact Diamond is more involved in promoting the sport...but it would still be a tough decision. Until I move somewhere with a room big enough to fit a 9footer, I'll keep flip flopping back and forth...:p