Flying with your cue

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
One could have a handle made with matching thread and joint size and call it a cane.

Still need to pack the shafts, but your prized butt will never be out of sight.

May even score an aisle seat.

OK try one of these then. The shaft hides inside the butt (sorry that sounded bad).

IMG_7403 (Large).jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny. :) I think we should have some kind of pool player's association that's not one of these profit-oriented congresses, but simply an advocacy association for players, room owners, and manufacturers, who could lobby agencies like TSA and FAA, and others (admittedly low-cost lobbying). Then we could have TSA change the rules. It's unfair that you can bring a full-sized umbrella and a tennis racquet on-board, but not a cue. (I guess pool has a "bad guy" rep, and cues a bad rep as a weapon.)
I flew to Nashville last week. The lady next to me was knitting with metal needles. It’s the second time I’ve seen that. So you can bring those on board but not a cue? John Wick could do some serious damage with those things.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay I'm going to try this. I'm up on my roof with my cue. Are you sure this is going to work? I've seen pictures of people with funny hats flying on a broom but hadn't heard of anybody doing it with a cue.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay I'm going to try this. I'm up on my roof with my cue. Are you sure this is going to work? I've seen pictures of people with funny hats flying on a broom but hadn't heard of anybody doing it with a cue.
Always use a good 4 or 5 point harness for safety.
Your cue deserves no less.

Attachments

• DSC_0354.JPG
    DSC_0354.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0356.JPG
    DSC_0356.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 103

jerryj1974

I have a roller-duffel that is long enough that my case fits in lengthwise. It also has separators so I can wedge the case in so it can't be simply lifted out of the luggage without unpacking, which helps if the TSA opens the bag for one of their "special inspections".
Curious, what is the model and make of your roller duffel? Thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Curious, what is the model and make of your roller duffel? Thanks
Eagle Creek. It comes with a lifetime warranty. They just sent me a new set of wheels after 14 years. No charge.

(The baggage handlers managed to grind flat spots onto the wheels -- I assume by getting it stuck on a conveyor for quite a while, or maybe being dragged sideways across the runway. Made quite the racket in the terminal and on the sidewalk by the hotel.)