For all the negative Shane talk...

GentlemanJames

While no one is perfect or perfectly behaved all the time or in all situations, I have to say I am particularly disdainful of the whole 'John McEnroe' evil-brat on a rant routine exhibited by some our top players at times - with some much more guilty of this than others.

Nothing turns me off faster than watching a Champion in his art/craft/sport lose their temper and start acting out like a nasty kid at a playground.

Perhaps this is one of the things I like best about Efren, even when other players would have lost control of themselves, Efren usually just shrugs, then grins and bears it.

More Efren type behavior and bearing, please; and less John McEnroe-behavior - GJ

Last edited:

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never met Shane but his public persona is impeccable. Numerous people on this thread have stated they have known him well for many years and have nothing but good things to say about him. The detractors never say that they know him personally in any significant way and just want to throw out vague things about what they have heard over the years from unnamed sources. I’ll give the man the benefit of the doubt until I hear something negative about him from someone who is in a position to know and who doesn’t have an ax to grind. I don’t even see the point of starting the thread if it is based on innuendo where his detractors can’t even say specifically what it is that the man is supposed to have done or not done.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
didn't read the thread, but was just thinking the other day how admirable shane's consistency has been at/near the very top
he won the US open for the first time fifteen years ago, and of course was crowned world champ just a few months ago
not to mention a few titles in between..I think shane's earned his place as a true cue sports great. and on he goes...

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
There is a reason all the top pros DO NOT POST on AZB. Everyone figures that they have license to discuss peoples, character, game, work ethic, drug of choice, dating habits and so on. This has to stop.

Oh and the 5 Ball must be ORANGE! Carry on.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only negative anyone should have against Shane Van Boening is his inability to use proper punctuation in long Facebook/social media posts. Same goes for Darren Appleton.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's worst...worse is a comparison, and no, the America haters are by FAR the worst...

You wouldn't have people jumping up to defend Shane if there weren't a bunch of America haters ready to pounce on every mi""ssed position he has.

I didn't hear people creating threads on how bad Gorst is after he missed like 3 straight shots in a row; however, Shane has a bad match after going to the phillipines and destroying all comers and people go apeshit about how he's washed up...

You guys look pathetic...

Jaden
I think the OP's usage of the comparative is correct , although either is OK. Carry the sentence out...."is worse than others".

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only negative anyone should have against Shane Van Boening is his inability to use proper punctuation in long Facebook/social media posts. Same goes for Darren Appleton.
Pool and punctuation don’t go together very well. The mid-spent youth thing comes to mind.

Best
Fatboy😃😃

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I think the OP's usage of the comparative is correct , although either is OK. Carry the sentence out...."is worse than others".
This is the quote of what he said "God Shane nuthuggers are the worse."

There is no carrying that out. "God Shane nuthuggers are the worse than others"...nope.

Now, if he had said "Of those that hug Shane's nuts and those that hate his guts, the nuthuggers are worse. Then it would be correct. As soon as you add the "the" in front of worse, then it is incorrect.

Jaden