For anyone that thinks Bergman can’t play anymore

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know. If he's comfortable with the action he has, then he gots a gud job? I like the tough table in my house for dinner ethic though. :D US is geographically crazed anyway. Maybe I mean demographically. IDK...
There just seems to be a decent amount of moaning and bitterness from him/his fans about how people won't tangle with him. The announcers were talking about it in the segment of the video I randomly flipped onto in the middle of the run. That's also the implication of the title of this thread, that Bergman is somehow underappreciated, underrated, and ignored.

It's his prerogative, he's an amazing player and he gets to decide what to do with his career.

If he's asking for barbox action on a template then this videotaped 20+ pack won't help his cause.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
straw man thread is right. i have never read anyone claiming bergman can't play anymore / is washed up. most of the time it's the opposite - ppl saying he's missed on the big tournament scene and sourly missed on the MC team

there's 60k for the winner of the world 8-ball in puerto rico next week. that's good money but if you don't like flying there's no chance of getting there. personally i find it very understandable not to be wanting to sit in a tin cylinder 35000 feet above ground.. i still don't fly anywhere without a beer first.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The commentator (never got his name) also paraphrased JB as citing (in my words) the pay scale as a waste of time ie. having to cut into a field of full time fanatics who apparently play full time on pristine equipment, just to break even when he can play anyone at home on tough, worn in equipment for huge sums per engagement.
the sums are far from huge.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For discussion's sake, the commentator kept saying Bergman doesn't like the economics of traveling.
I tried to get him to my room in Syracuse to play Shaw a couple years after he beat him bad at home.

All expenses paid, $1000 to the winner or they split, entry to Turning Stone and a cut of PPV sales. Guy would not budge.

I've made 2 other pros very good offers to play and gamble at Derby City.

I don't wonder why pro pool I'd like it is. Easier to be a pro and live home with momma, then go out and prove yourself.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The commentator (never got his name) also paraphrased JB as citing (in my words) the pay scale as a waste of time ie. having to cut into a field of full time fanatics who apparently play full time on pristine equipment, just to break even when he can play anyone at home on tough, worn in equipment for huge sums per engagement.
So what big money matches has he played in 3 years?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sentence "You can win a house." came up. Curious, how much did he beat Shaw for?
no clue. iirc they played once with 20g's in the middle. another time got cancelled over pocket size disagreement. look, these guys are all staked. they don't make a bunch out of these deals. half if they're lucky.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no clue. iirc they played once with 20g's in the middle. another time got cancelled over pocket size disagreement. look, these guys are all staked. they don't make a bunch out of these deals. half if they're lucky.
I believe with pocketgate Bergman traveled to the venue and Shaw stood him up.

Shaw was a big baby about the whole thing. Bitching about playing 4 .25 corner pocket Diamond...even after the room Owner promised to move a standard Diamond in the action area.

These guys worry alot about losing. So much so they won't even get in the box. It's all about their egos. Most are only losing backer money.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe with pocketgate Bergman traveled to the venue and Shaw stood him up.

Shaw was a big baby about the whole thing. Bitching about playing 4 .25 corner pocket Diamond...even after the room Owner promised to move a standard Diamond in the action area.

These guys worry alot about losing. So much so they won't even get in the box. It's all about their egos. Most are only losing backer money.
Must be important at God level. Rep is everything.