For format of the CSI ten-ball was complete rubbish.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here, just for you buddy!! Do you understand the meaning of the last sentence?

The man behind this profound quote is none other than the genius German scientist Albert Einstein. He emphasised the importance of sticking to what you want to do, even when others think it's 'unrealistic'. "The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts.” 14.Aug 31, 2021
I agree with the last sentence. Dreaming big is where it all starts. That’s the foundation. Limitations are what I’ve always been scared of or being average.

After the mind conceives a big idea then execution and follow through are the next steps. It’s NEVER easy. Even what appears to be easy isn’t.

I’ve never knocked your dreams and I hope they can be realized. However getting the world on the same sheet of music in pool is a TALL order, not impossible but will take a huge effort.

I’m not sure what the answer is, the break, the format, rules, ranking, equipment, venues, media packaging and delivery, marketing, players, the list is seeming endless. This is just my observation of some aspects & elements of a World Pool organization's needs in order to be successful.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I agree with the last sentence. Dreaming big is where it all starts. That’s the foundation. Limitations are what I’ve always been scared of or being average.

After the mind conceives a big idea then execution and follow through are the next steps. It’s NEVER easy. Even what appears to be easy isn’t.

I’ve never knocked your dreams and I hope they can be realized. However getting the world on the same sheet of music in pool is a TALL order, not impossible but will take a huge effort.

I’m not sure what the answer is, the break, the format, rules, ranking, equipment, venues, media packaging and delivery, marketing, players, the list is seeming endless. This is just my observation of some aspects & elements of a World Pool organization's needs in order to be successful.
You're right, and I already have all the people in place to build the organization and leadership. Only thing I have left to do at this point, is meet with my advertising agency, who holds the keys to open the door to those spending the money on advertising! I'm hoping to finish that part tomorrow afternoon if our schedules line up right.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I have a saying

“Get on my train or get off my tracks because you’ll get run over”

ive used that in biz for 30 years-that’s when I first heard it. Works good.

speaking for myself/ nobody tells me what to do. They can try, nothing stopping them. Will I listen? Most likely not, depends.

best
Fatboy 😀
Is there an option to watch from a distance as the train runs over people and eventually derails?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you make it a non-profit? What if you actually gained traction and a big company wanted to come along and buy your creation, and take it to the next level?

From what I recall of WPBA threads on here when they were dying 10 years ago, they were non profit so were unattractive to outside companies investing in them snd/or buying them.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you make it a non-profit? What if you actually gained traction and a big company wanted to come along and buy your creation, and take it to the next level?

From what I recall of WPBA threads on here when they were dying 10 years ago, they were non profit so were unattractive to outside companies investing in them snd/or buying them.
That reminds me....

What ABOUT a Pro Womens Tour? Or did we stop giving a sh*t about them? I think it needs to do both men and women at the same time, under the same organization. Even juniors would benefit because of the "new" leadership.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Non-profit has a lot to do with advertising, PGA, Tennis, all the organizations are non-profit, why is that?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Even the WPA is a non-profit. Everyone in the past has had the idea of OWNING pool, how's that turned out? The Sport of pool needs managed as a sport, by people in the sport who have the players best interests in mind. It DON'T need to be OWNED by anyone, that just causes greed of ownership!!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even the WPA is a non-profit. Everyone in the past has had the idea of OWNING pool, how's that turned out? The Sport of pool needs managed as a sport, by people in the sport who have the players best interests in mind. It DON'T need to be OWNED by anyone, that just causes greed of ownership!!!
The flip side of that is when something is not owned, which is for profit, the people working for it might not give a shit to improve the company/organization.