For sale section

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think as time passes we will see more sellers paying attention and perhaps ask that the rule be changed. It's much cleaner to see only the ad on the page and only the seller bump his ad than a bunch of miscellaneous replies some not pertinent to the item or simple "nice cue" and will limit the bumps and use of bandwidth as well as make it easier on the mods too.
Logical in my opinion.
Anyway go vote on my poll I posted and feel free to comment away. Maybe some logic will come from all this.
Where is your poll?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why should other members be entitled to making comments? Sellers pay the fees on ebay not the buyers. As for here even if a seller doesn't pay fees it is their ad not another member ad so other members have zero vested interest in the ad, in essence the seller owns the ad not even AZB owns the ad it is actually published by the seller so they actually have intellectual property rights to the ad.
The seller should have the right to restrict comments however it would be difficult to do that individually so as a matter of fairness no one should be able to comment, that fulfills the rights of the seller and doesn't interfere with any other members rights. This is why many other forums don't allow comments in sales ads.
Again the sense of entitlement is disturbing.
Anyway go take the poll I posted and comment away.
First, I did answer in your poll.
Second, do you not see the irony when you speak of a sense of entitlement?
Third, you should ask the mods to kindly remove the “dirt” from your user name. It would fit ya better.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
First, I did answer in your poll.
Second, do you not see the irony when you speak of a sense of entitlement?
Third, you should ask the mods to kindly remove the “dirt” from your user name. It would fit ya better.
Thanks for hitting the poll. No irony, the seller posts the ad that entitles him to rights, what gives the other members rights, nothing, they didn't post the item. As for the victim comment, sure you can go there or keep it professional.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Public forum.
THIS ISN'T EBAY!!!!! THIS ISNT ETZY or AMAZON!!!!!

Good Lord - you're calling people being entitled??? No one should be allowed to ask a relevant question about an item for sale? That's unprofessional??

I'm surprised anyone deals with you at all cause I can't even stand a debate with you.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for hitting the poll. No irony, the seller posts the ad that entitles him to rights, what gives the other members rights, nothing, they didn't post the item. As for the victim comment, sure you can go there or keep it professional.
What rule here forbids someone posting a question or comment in your thread?

If there are none, nuff said.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Gold Member
Man. You all are getting rowdy in here. The way I see it. If you want professionalism why not go to an auction house or something where you pay 15-20% on a sale. AZ seems awesome to me. They don’t charge $&@“ to post an item.

Dirtvictim. Why are you looking through other peoples comments on items you are interested in? The item for sale is always at the top of the thread. And it’s marked as sold if no longer available. Why does it matter if other members post things on it? Personally. The only scenario I see that is bad for a seller is if the item is not authentic, or damaged and someone catches it. Wouldn’t want them commenting…..

dirtvictim

THIS ISN'T EBAY!!!!! THIS ISNT ETZY or AMAZON!!!!!

Good Lord - you're calling people being entitled??? No one should be allowed to ask a relevant question about an item for sale? That's unprofessional??

I'm surprised anyone deals with you at all cause I can't even stand a debate with you.
Private message is for asking questions, that is professional. Why would a forum have PM if you can just ask questions in sales posts? Seriously I'm just asking why have both then?
Already noted that if a buyer asks a question in a PM then the seller can update their ad to include new info and that is professional.
There is an old saying that fits this whole thing perfectly.
"If all other possibilities have been eliminated then what ever is left however improbable must be the truth"
Sellers produce the ads not other members, therefore sellers are the only ones that determine the content of the ad, not other members therefore there is no reason to allow other members to reply or comment in a sellers post when PM is readily available. There is zero reason for other members to comment publicly to a sales post except inject themselves into the ad or increase their post counts, no reasons that cannot be solved through PM.
All other possibilities have been eliminated including the "loose" rules because that can and should be changed.
I know some here don't see it this way but if they put aside their egos or need to participate and consider the truth then maybe they can see clearly.
As for selling I passed a million dollars in sales on ebay recently, I know how to sell and how to communicate with buyers through PM. I answer several msgs every day and update ads to commensurate new info when needed.
It doesn't matter what venues are used to sell, there is a professional way to do things and an unprofessional lackadaisical way. What persona do you want to present and represent? It is entitled when someone demands to do a thing that isn't cohesive for all involved.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem that I see with people adding comments is that I think a comment “bumps” the ad to the top of the first page of the For Sale forum.

If that is the case, a person could entice a few buddies to make comments every so often to keep the ad close to the first page of ads.

I, quite often, read comments of people complaining about ads being bumped too frequently.

I think people who are paid members here should have ads above non-paying members.

dirtvictim

Man. You all are getting rowdy in here. The way I see it. If you want professionalism why not go to an auction house or something where you pay 15-20% on a sale. AZ seems awesome to me. They don’t charge $&@“ to post an item.

Dirtvictim. Why are you looking through peoples posts on items you are interested in? The item for sale is always at the top of the thread. And it’s marked as sold if no longer available. Why does it matter if other members post things on it? Personally. The only scenario I see that is bad for a seller is if the item is not authentic, or damaged and someone catches it. Wouldn’t want them commenting…..
I scroll down to see if the seller bumped it and find it ridiculous to see comments before seeing if the seller reduced the price or added more pertinent information. Other members opinions or observations do nothing for me as a buyer and really muck things up as a seller trying to keep the focus on their item. I do sell on venues that charge just so I don't have to read a bunch of useless info.
I know this forum is really tiny compared to others I use I just hoped to see it be more professional for the sales section but it appears few really want that. Any other section can and should allow comments because that what they are for, sales are supposed to be private between seller and buyer and should not be open for public opinion.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I scroll down to see if the seller bumped it and find it ridiculous to see comments before seeing if the seller reduced the price or added more pertinent information. Other members opinions or observations do nothing for me as a buyer and really muck things up as a seller trying to keep the focus on their item. I do sell on venues that charge just so I don't have to read a bunch of useless info.
I know this forum is really tiny compared to others I use I just hoped to see it be more professional for the sales section but it appears few really want that. Any other section can and should allow comments because that what they are for, sales are supposed to be private between seller and buyer and should not be open for public opinion.
Doth protest too much and too often (especially for a non-Gold member).

I think you should concentrate on another venue for your sales.

dirtvictim

What rule here forbids someone posting a question or comment in your thread?

If there are none, nuff said.
Rules are meant to be critiqued and changed when flaws are found. I just happened to have found one that needs to be changed, in my opinion. Also questions and comments are supposed to be related directly to the post and many are not, "nice cue" has nothing to do with a post.
This is all too easy to fix, mods just need to fix the flaw in the rules to remove the loophole for random bumping and unrelated replies by simply saying no replies. It is that easy and no one gets hurt in the process.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel free to bolt brother.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rules are meant to be critiqued and changed when flaws are found. I just happened to have found one that needs to be changed, in my opinion. Also questions and comments are supposed to be related directly to the post and many are not, "nice cue" has nothing to do with a post.
This is all too easy to fix, mods just need to fix the flaw in the rules to remove the loophole for random bumping and unrelated replies by simply saying no replies. It is that easy and no one gets hurt in the process.
An easier fix would be to tell you to find another place to hawk your wares.

dirtvictim

2007 vs 2013. Nice try. Contact the mods if you don't like how its run.
A mod is participating in this post, doesn't like me much. I signed up in 2002 when I was doing cue repair and buying supplies from chris hightower but closed that name when I retired from repairs before I found that I could just change my name. I even contacted them to try and reinstate that account but they said they couldn't do it. Live and learn.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A mod is participating in this post, doesn't like me much. I signed up in 2002 when I was doing cue repair and buying supplies from chris hightower but closed that name when I retired from repairs before I found that I could just change my name. I even contacted them to try and reinstate that account but they said they couldn't do it. Live and learn.
Why does the mod not like you?

dirtvictim

An easier fix would be to tell you to find another place to hawk your wares.
Serious question. What would you do if you were told you couldn't reply to sales ads?
I do sell elsewhere way more than I ever sold here and you'll find that every time I've posted a sale item here I've thanked AZB and if sold here I thank the buyer too. Because that's the professional thing to do. What's not professional is telling someone to take a hike, that's just childish.