For sale section

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serious question. What would you do if you were told you couldn't reply to sales ads?
I do sell elsewhere way more than I ever sold here and you'll find that every time I've posted a sale item here I've thanked AZB and if sold here I thank the buyer too. Because that's the professional thing to do. What's not professional is telling someone to take a hike, that's just childish.
Personally, I don’t complain about a FREE website.

If I am paying for something and am not getting a service I am paying for, that is another matter.

What disturbs you about comments, except for maybe the “bumping”?

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
Personally, I don’t complain about a FREE website.

If I am paying for something and am not getting a service I am paying for, that is another matter.

What disturbs you about comments, except for maybe the “bumping”?
I just know how much better it is to sell and be able to control my ads without random comments and yes bumping plus the use of bandwidth that makes no sense. A main complaint from other forums mods is policing and no replies reduces policing to save the mods time. It's a win win but some don't see it that way.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just know how much better it is to sell and be able to control my ads without random comments and yes bumping plus the use of bandwidth that makes no sense. A main complaint from other forums mods is policing and no replies reduces policing to save the mods time. It's a win win but some don't see it that way.
Don't think anyone really cares. Don't like selling here? Then don't. Are you waiting for someone to agree with you so you can feel all warm-n-fuzzy? Good luck with that. I'm outta here. I'm in the middle of a killer Octoberfest. Beer, brats, and boobs.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently he does not understand what the purpose and value of PM is.

You don’t discuss price of the cue on the thread or trade values. You don’t
exchange confidential information. The seller doesn’t want to keep answering
the same questions from different forum members so that’s when information
gets added or changed on a thread. PM is intended for 1 on 1 communications
between forum members and that applies to sellers, buyers or browsers alike.

Why not just write the House Pro a lengthy message elaborating your thoughts?
I’m betting you’re told when people break the rules, you report them but posting
on someone’s thread is permissible as long as it complies within the listed requirements.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you aren’t the mod, don’t worry about it.

If you don’t own the website, don’t worry about the bandwidth.

Just because you like something doesn’t mean everyone else does.

Post your stuff.

Sell it.

Nobody is controlling YOUR ad.

You are the ONLY person who can control your original post.

They are just adding comments.

Are you afraid of comments?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for hitting the poll. No irony, the seller posts the ad that entitles him to rights, what gives the other members rights, nothing, they didn't post the item. As for the victim comment, sure you can go there or keep it professional.
You’re acting like a victim. The people have spoken. No one here is entitled to anything.

dirtvictim

You’re acting like a victim. The people have spoken. No one here is entitled to anything.
So if you think I'm acting like a victim just because I am pointing out what I believe is a problem then are you victim shaming? Victim shaming is not cool.
You are correct no one here is entitled but sure act like it demanding the rules support their need to reply where input on their part is not needed, wanted or necessary.
Arguments so far to support allowing replies are weak at best, nothing stands out as logical or analytical nor seek to understand the sellers viewpoint, just berate it.
Just because more sellers haven't spoken up yet doesn't mean there's a consensus.
Maybe this forum is just too small and can't grow to a professional level by taking one step to grow?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if you think I'm acting like a victim just because I am pointing out what I believe is a problem then are you victim shaming? Victim shaming is not cool.
You are correct no one here is entitled but sure act like it demanding the rules support their need to reply where input on their part is not needed, wanted or necessary.
Arguments so far to support allowing replies are weak at best, nothing stands out as logical or analytical nor seek to understand the sellers viewpoint, just berate it.
Just because more sellers haven't spoken up yet doesn't mean there's a consensus.
Maybe this forum is just too small and can't grow to a professional level by taking one step to grow?
Maybe you should create one with the $1,000,000 in sales you had since you are saving money by not being a paying member here and posting sales for FREE.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Private message is for asking questions, that is professional. Why would a forum have PM if you can just ask questions in sales posts? Seriously I'm just asking why have both then?
Already noted that if a buyer asks a question in a PM then the seller can update their ad to include new info and that is professional.
There is an old saying that fits this whole thing perfectly.
"If all other possibilities have been eliminated then what ever is left however improbable must be the truth"
Sellers produce the ads not other members, therefore sellers are the only ones that determine the content of the ad, not other members therefore there is no reason to allow other members to reply or comment in a sellers post when PM is readily available. There is zero reason for other members to comment publicly to a sales post except inject themselves into the ad or increase their post counts, no reasons that cannot be solved through PM.
All other possibilities have been eliminated including the "loose" rules because that can and should be changed.
I know some here don't see it this way but if they put aside their egos or need to participate and consider the truth then maybe they can see clearly.
As for selling I passed a million dollars in sales on ebay recently, I know how to sell and how to communicate with buyers through PM. I answer several msgs every day and update ads to commensurate new info when needed.
It doesn't matter what venues are used to sell, there is a professional way to do things and an unprofessional lackadaisical way. What persona do you want to present and represent? It is entitled when someone demands to do a thing that isn't cohesive for all involved.
I banned 3 thieves this week on a forum. People trying to scam a forum member that had something for sale, or wanted to buy, in classifieds. The criminals in every case tried to do their dirty deed by taking everything to PM immediately and not post publicly where the other forum members could see the interaction. Happens ALL THE TIME that way. In two of those cases the azzhole thief sent a PM to the poster and said "contact Bill, he's looking for that. His email is blah, blah, blah".

Thieves like to operate in darkness...more eyes on posts in classifieds have several benefits this being one of them. Sorry man...this "professional versus unprofessional" schtick is just plain odd. Not thinking interested parties should be able to ask a question of the seller is even odder. Makes me suspicious of you based on experience.

There is also an audit trail when posts are public. We never delete classifieds transactions, rather move them to a dump forum. They can always be recovered in the event of dispute. Can't do that with PM's.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Don't think anyone really cares. Don't like selling here? Then don't. Are you waiting for someone to agree with you so you can feel all warm-n-fuzzy? Good luck with that. I'm outta here. I'm in the middle of a killer Octoberfest. Beer, brats, and boobs.
Ah, the three B's!! 🤣

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah maybe. Or perhaps a thicker skin is in order? Is victim shaming a thing? Is it victim shaming when I tell my kids to "stop being a cry baby"?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or maybe you're just a butthurt whiner.

dirtvictim

Yeah maybe. Or perhaps a thicker skin is in order? Is victim shaming a thing? Is it victim shaming when I tell my kids to "stop being a cry baby"?
It's is when you are trying to make a lame example that fails, in order to embarrass someone. Oh you didn't know how that works? How embarrassing.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's is when you are trying to make a lame example that fails, in order to embarrass someone. Oh you didn't know how that works? How embarrassing.

If your other sites work so well for your sales business, why are you wasting your time here trying to turn a free website into your personal sales office without even paying rent?