For your Pleasure, best personal Memory, Why

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite memory is playing in my second tournament, an 8 ball one. In the finals, I was planning a safety after missing position on the key ball. I was fairly buzzed, learned to pace myself after getting too drunk in my first tourny, 9 ball, and coming in third. So I get down on the shot and the contact point for pocketing the ball was glowing. Very thin shot with position on the 9 footer built in. Made it and got straight in on the 8. Won the match and got the $300 gift card. More than 20 years ago and haven't had it happen again. Also haven't done well in any tournament since.

HemiRR

Registered
What made you or sold you on this game?
I'd just turned 14 a couple of weeks before that fateful Friday, Nov 22, 1963. We were let out of school just before lunch (PST) once the news of JFK's assaination reached Vancouver BC Canada. An acquaintance suggested that several of us go to his house and play some pool. I didn't share that my dad played some and had gotten a Sears composite bed home table a couple of years before. We had played two or three times a week since then.

Anyway there were five of us playing poker pool for nickels. I ended up winning $1.85 and was hooked on cue sports for life. (A bus ride was a nickel as were many chocolate bars, full size Coke from a machine was a dime)

At 74 still playing, mostly senior snooker league. I play in a pool league one night a week. Last ten playing years I've managed five POY titles. (three 8 Ball & two 9 Ball)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd just turned 14 a couple of weeks before that fateful Friday, Nov 22, 1963. We were let out of school just before lunch (PST) once the news of JFK's assaination reached Vancouver BC Canada. An acquaintance suggested that several of us go to his house and play some pool. I didn't share that my dad played some and had gotten a Sears composite bed home table a couple of years before. We had played two or three times a week since then.

Anyway there were five of us playing poker pool for nickels. I ended up winning $1.85 and was hooked on cue sports for life. (A bus ride was a nickel as were many chocolate bars, full size Coke from a machine was a dime)

At 74 still playing, mostly senior snooker league. I play in a pool league one night a week. Last ten playing years I've managed five POY titles. (three 8 Ball & two 9 Ball)

One post a year is being a might stingy with them but I have to admit that it is your handle I am nosy about. HemiRR makes me suspect a Hemi powered Road Runner. One of those 426 economy cars.

My favorite radio commercial ever I believe. Rumble of a hemi pulling up. "Fill up my economy car sonny" in a little old lady's voice. "Economy car, what's it save on?" "Time sonny, time." The rest of the commercial is the sound of tires getting roasted down.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One post a year is being a might stingy with them but I have to admit that it is your handle I am nosy about. HemiRR makes me suspect a Hemi powered Road Runner. One of those 426 economy cars.

My favorite radio commercial ever I believe. Rumble of a hemi pulling up. "Fill up my economy car sonny" in a little old lady's voice. "Economy car, what's it save on?" "Time sonny, time." The rest of the commercial is the sound of tires getting roasted down.
How big's the hemi now. 350 ish?