I had both hands operated on yesterday. Although most of the research I did on carpal tunnel surgeries recommended against getting them both done at once, my surgeon who I have complete confidence in strongly suggested it wasn’t that bad, and to go ahead and get them both done at once.
So far so good, only had minor pain in my hands the first 24 hours, and needing nothing stronger than Tylenol. The carpal tunnel pain symptoms I’ve had at nights was completely gone last night resulting in the best night of sleep I’ve had in a long time.
I was pleasantly surprised waking up in the recovery room that although my hands / wrists are bandaged up, I still have use of my thumb and fingers, but just need to be careful not to do too much, get rest, elevate my hands and apply ice packs to the incision areas when I can.
I think I will know when the time is appropriate for me to start practicing on a pool table again, taking it very slowly, likely working on an open bridge and a very light grip, and soft pace shots / strokes. It may be as little as a couple weeks, or possibly considerably longer. I’ll just take it day by day. My biggest concern is to make sure I don’t take a fall while on my trail walks with my dogs, which I plan to resume as soon as I can.
Any advice I can get from any of you on here that have been through this would be greatly appreciated. I’ll continue to update my progress, for the benefit of those that might be considering getting this surgery and how long it will result in laying off from playing the game we love.
So far so good, only had minor pain in my hands the first 24 hours, and needing nothing stronger than Tylenol. The carpal tunnel pain symptoms I’ve had at nights was completely gone last night resulting in the best night of sleep I’ve had in a long time.
I was pleasantly surprised waking up in the recovery room that although my hands / wrists are bandaged up, I still have use of my thumb and fingers, but just need to be careful not to do too much, get rest, elevate my hands and apply ice packs to the incision areas when I can.
I think I will know when the time is appropriate for me to start practicing on a pool table again, taking it very slowly, likely working on an open bridge and a very light grip, and soft pace shots / strokes. It may be as little as a couple weeks, or possibly considerably longer. I’ll just take it day by day. My biggest concern is to make sure I don’t take a fall while on my trail walks with my dogs, which I plan to resume as soon as I can.
Any advice I can get from any of you on here that have been through this would be greatly appreciated. I’ll continue to update my progress, for the benefit of those that might be considering getting this surgery and how long it will result in laying off from playing the game we love.