Free cue from Pat, or Idealogist

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I received the cue today, morning delivery.

It is a Filipino cue. The shaft is in need of a tenon, ferrule and tip.

A couple of small wear spots on the butt, but that is an easy spot finish fix with some poly.

Otherwise in very decent shape.

I don't get a lot of tenon or ferrule work in town so always look forward to doing some.

I will post a couple of pics in progress. It won't take but part of an evening in the Dungeon.

This is a Pay it Forward cue and I already have just the guy in mind. He doesn't have a ton of money and is always using something without a bumper or a broken butt cap etc. Also, I would say that I have watched his game improve greatly over the last couple of years. He used to be close to hopeless and now he is a contender at the table. You can't take anything for granted now.

I know 100% this will bring a huge smile when I give it to him.

Thanks Pat, you be one of the Good ones on AZ. I will make sure that I tell Danny the story of the cue and where it came from.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Great gesture from both you and Pat.. I would like to see the look on your friends face when he gets his new player.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome

A couple of small wear spots on the butt, but that is an easy spot finish fix with some poly.

I don't get a lot of tenon or ferrule work in town so always look forward to doing some.

I will post a couple of pics in progress. It won't take but part of an evening in the Dungeon.

This is a Pay it Forward cue and I already have just the guy in mind. He doesn't have a ton of money and is always using something without a bumper or a broken butt cap etc. Also, I would say that I have watched his game improve greatly over the last couple of years. He used to be close to hopeless and now he is a contender at the table. You can't take anything for granted now.

Thanks Pat, you be one of the Good ones on AZ. I will make sure that I tell Danny the story of the cue and where it came from.

That's a great thing to do...kudos!

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hog,

Pat plays out the same room in Rochester I frequent. One thing for sure, he is excited about the game of pool and all the associated equipment. Regularly used to play doubles against Pat and his wife. Good people!

Lyn

chadsens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

can't wait for my new cue Terry!!!!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BHR....not that this matters to you......but gestures like this make me wonder if I've misread you.......regardless, you earned my admiration & appreciation for doing this.

Matt B.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kudos

Thank you to both of you guys. You are making the pool world better - which is what we need. I'd like to see more of this type of post instead of the sarcasm and poison that is often spit at new members asking questions that we all had answered for US on here long ago. The people doing the sniping tend to forget that. Keep it up - you guys are alright!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I would like to see the look on your friends face when he gets his new player.

That is a given cause I will take a pic of him with his cue. I won't see Danny before League starts which is Sept, but I will post one.

Bava, I know we have had our go arounds but in reality, nothing makes me happier than when I can do something for someone that needs a hand.

But anyway, Pat is a good guy also. This Thread was mainly for him.

Pat had a cue that he wasn't using, I do repair.

The fun part was the cue came from East Coast USA to Canada, a little fixin and it will go to a good home after.

Wish that we could do more stuff like this.

Maybe why I am not rich, but I do get a few free beer. I quite often do minor little repairs and such and I tell people, just buy me a beer the next time that you see me. It's a hobby for me. If I wanted to make money at it, I would have taken a different approach to it from the start.

There is another repair guy in town. He actually relies on the repairs. So, I don't steal his customers and quite often just direct people to him anyway.

We work together often and help each other.

Chad Sens. if anyone knew this guy, they would know that he is one of the guys that can play off the wall. He don't need no 2 piece cue.

Last edited: