FREE pool matches from the GSBT tournament

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You can visit the web site www.spheragon.com to see the sponsors who helped bring you the live-streaming pool matches from this past week's tournament in Fayettevill, NC. Click on the links to the sponsors and send them an email to let them know you appreciate them sponsoring the live-streaming. It will mean something to them. If you get the chance and like their products, by all means, buy something.

To view some of the FREE live-streamed matches right now you can go to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/inside-pool-extreme-press-box

SOME of the matches that were filmed can be watched right now free of charge. You might even hear my voice on one or two of them. :D

Hope you enjoy them.

Oh, and by the way, you will be able to purchase some the HIGH QUALITY, HIGH RESOLUTION DVD'S OF many of the best matches within the next couple of weeks. You might even be able to put your name on the list right now but I'm not sure of that. I would send Spheragon an email if you are interested in purchasing the DVDs.
As SmorgassBored mentioned, Christmas is just around the corner and the DVDs would make great Christmas gifts. I know I had a blast doing the commentating and from the responses in previous threads, many of those who tuned in for the live-streaming, enjoyed the matches and the commentary.

This post is primarily designed to develop increased interest in viewership for all live-streaming broadcasts and to familiarize potential viewers of live streaming what they can expect in the future from all Live-Streamers as well as how they can help to see that it continues.

Best Regards,
JoeyA
 
Thanks, I watched a lot of it last week. I've got a question for you and if you would rather answer in a pm that's ok. I heard Grady mention a one pocket game that was taking place next to the tv table and was on pace to take six hours, if I remember correctly it was between Gabe Owens and Charlie Bryant. Soon after that a shot clock was instituted for both the ten ball and one pocket matches.

Was there someone in particular who was playing slow or was it just a matter of the time getting late?
 
alstl said:
Thanks, I watched a lot of it last week. I've got a question for you and if you would rather answer in a pm that's ok. I heard Grady mention a one pocket game that was taking place next to the tv table and was on pace to take six hours, if I remember correctly it was between Gabe Owens and Charlie Bryant. Soon after that a shot clock was instituted for both the ten ball and one pocket matches.

Was there someone in particular who was playing slow or was it just a matter of the time getting late?

I think that's a fair question. Charlie Bryant at times during the tournament was taking a little too much time to shoot his shots and too much time was passing. I believe the tournament director made a decision to use the shot clock to keep the matches on time. FTR, it seemed to me that as soon as Charlie was on the shot clock, the level of his playing speed immediately elevated. It seemed that he started playing better while he was on the shot clock. I think Charlie doesn't realize how much better he plays with a quicker rhythm but we will be observing him closer in the future to determine this for sure.
JoeyA
 
Joey,

Thanks for posting the link to the matches. Do you know which one has you and Melissa Little doing the commentary? I couldn't find it.

Thanks, Dave
 
JoeyA said:
You can visit the web site www.spheragon.com to see the sponsors who helped bring you the live-streaming pool matches from this past week's tournament in Fayettevill, NC. Click on the links to the sponsors and send them an email to let them know you appreciate them sponsoring the live-streaming. It will mean something to them. If you get the chance and like their products, by all means, buy something.

To view some of the FREE live-streamed matches right now you can go to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/inside-pool-extreme-press-box

SOME of the matches that were filmed can be watched right now free of charge. You might even hear my voice on one or two of them. :D

Hope you enjoy them.

Oh, and by the way, you will be able to purchase some the HIGH QUALITY, HIGH RESOLUTION DVD'S OF many of the best matches within the next couple of weeks. You might even be able to put your name on the list right now but I'm not sure of that. I would send Spheragon an email if you are interested in purchasing the DVDs.
As SmorgassBored mentioned, Christmas is just around the corner and the DVDs would make great Christmas gifts. I know I had a blast doing the commentating and from the responses in previous threads, many of those who tuned in for the live-streaming, enjoyed the matches and the commentary.

This post is primarily designed to develop increased interest in viewership for all live-streaming broadcasts and to familiarize potential viewers of live streaming what they can expect in the future from all Live-Streamers as well as how they can help to see that it continues.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

The one match that you and I worked together has no sound. Figures!
It was the John Morra - Adam Smith One Pocket match. That was also the match that they failed to get the live feed working on. Well, at least we had fun chatting in the booth. Too bad no one will ever hear our conversation. :D
 
The Book

jay helfert said:
The one match that you and I worked together has no sound. Figures!
It was the John Morra - Adam Smith One Pocket match. That was also the match that they failed to get the live feed working on. Well, at least we had fun chatting in the booth. Too bad no one will ever hear our conversation. :D

Jay,
That was my only regret of the entire week. The Internet being down while we did commentary was the first blow to our efforts and now this. Who'd a thunkit? There may be forces at work here that are not readily transparent.

I plan to ask Dustin and JR about the audio problem on our match.

FTR, I had a blast with you and would do it all over again if opportunity ever presented itself. (I'll let you tell all the good stories, cause you got a lot of 'em) :smile: When is THE BOOK coming out?

JoeyA
 
Back
Top