Free Stream $24k Final 2 Shot Pool in 30 mins

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
***UPDATE*** This is now a day old (May 16, 2016), a recording of the match is here: https://youtu.be/Dt5_YJWnrgU

Subscribe to Cueballtv on youtube if you enjoy this content. All broadcasts are free to watch. It's mostly 2 shot 8 ball but some US Pool and Snooker events from Australia.
------------------------------------------------------
*Original Post*

Starting 11.30am London and 6.30am New York time.

Race to 13 final Australian Western National 8-Ball event.

Quality streaming with good commentary to start in about 30 mins as I post.

The final is James Delahunty v Rusty Wheeler.

In double elimination James went through undefeated and gets a bonus $2k, but only has 1 chance in the final.

https://youtu.be/3Xv_NsvT05k

Total event prize money is AUD$40k or about US$30k

It's good quality production and worth watching for anyone who enjoys 8 ball.

Colin

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Score is 8-5 now.

For those who miss this, because it's early and on a Sunday in the US, I'll put up the link for the recorded version when it goes up tomorrow.

Colin

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
watched it, enjoyed the quality of the play, the production, and the commentary, all first rate! :thumbup:

Thanks, Colin, for the headsup about this match/.

best,
brian kc

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I watched the last part of the finals when I woke up.
The play and commentating were excellent.

I like the fact that the red and yellow balls take call shots out of the equation.
...and the players made the pockets look big.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that a good Post Title?

This post will stay up for the next hundred years and say in 30 minutes forever.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that a good Post Title?

This post will stay up for the next hundred years and say in 30 minutes forever.
I've adjusted the first post for any who happen upon this in the future, with a link to the recorded coverage, which I'll post again here:
https://youtu.be/Dt5_YJWnrgU

I'm pretty sure this thread will slide into oblivion within a day or so. If there's a better way to indicate a kind of ALERT - Act Now or miss it, thread title, I'd like to hear it. Just thought a few might be in the mood for a good match early in the morning over there.

The feed had 550 live viewers btw.

Cheers,
Colin

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've adjusted the first post for any who happen upon this in the future, with a link to the recorded coverage, which I'll post again here:
https://youtu.be/Dt5_YJWnrgU

I'm pretty sure this thread will slide into oblivion within a day or so. If there's a better way to indicate a kind of ALERT - Act Now or miss it, thread title, I'd like to hear it. Just thought a few might be in the mood for a good match early in the morning over there.

The feed had 550 live viewers btw.

Cheers,
Colin

just add 'today 5/14/16 9PM' or whatever the case may be:smile:

It's a pet peeve of mine-having clicked on so many only to be disappointed that i missed it.

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Harder Pockets

Eight Ball is a great game. I see a lot of great positional shots with the slower cloth that the players make work. I think it would be nice to see this game come to the US. It might give us some kind boost. Things seem to only be getting slower here.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eight Ball is a great game. I see a lot of great positional shots with the slower cloth that the players make work. I think it would be nice to see this game come to the US. It might give us some kind boost. Things seem to only be getting slower here.
I agree that 8 ball has some pros. Even though this event was 2 shot UK rules, it wasn't very different to watching BlackBall as both players were looking to go out after the break most of the time. That said, I prefer blackball rules.

The greatest advantage in 8-ball, imho, is that once committed, you are pretty much gone unless you finish, and this invites some very offensive style shots that we rarely see in rotation games.

The biggest problem is that the break decides the result much more than it ought to. It would even out in a race to 25, but I don't think 6+ hour challenges is what a 'to be' influenced market of viewers is looking for.

Cheers,
Colin

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I just got to sit down and watch the entire match. This is a game that I would enjoy playing when I get my pool room built. I just might have to get me one of those tables for it. The terms and phrases were a little different than I am used to, but it didn't take long to figure out what they meant.

I thoroughly enjoyed this and thank you for the link.