Fun warm up game I came up with.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
This could be totally dorky to every other pool player but this is how my buddy and I warm up for bar table tournys. I call it 8 ball banks. You take 4 solids and 4 stripes and rack the 8 where the 9 would normally go. Pretty much play it like 8 ball except you bank every ball. Solid in the front stripe in the back and a solid and stripe in every row thereafter.After you break and make a ball you choose your set of balls and any balls made on the break spot. A lot of safeties can be played as well as offense and it gets us in stroke (for us lol) faster than just running balls out. Of course there could be some fine tuning to the game I just think it is a fun twist to warming up for tournys and would like to hear all of your guys thoughts on it. Please keep the uneeded negativity to a min, I just would like to hear your thoughts on it and maybe some ideas to make it a better game to warm up with. Thanks in advance.

runoutsRme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is not a Dorky idea! What ever works for you!! :thumbup:

When I go without playing for a length of time.. I have a set of pool balls I colored, They are in fact Golf Balls.. When you hone your eyes shooting golf balls on a big Table.. You cannot miss!!!!!!

Call me Nuts, Don't dog it til you try it!!!

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
This could be totally dorky to every other pool player but this is how my buddy and I warm up for bar table tournys. I call it 8 ball banks. You take 4 solids and 4 stripes and rack the 8 where the 9 would normally go. Pretty much play it like 8 ball except you bank every ball. Solid in the front stripe in the back and a solid and stripe in every row thereafter.After you break and make a ball you choose your set of balls and any balls made on the break spot. A lot of safeties can be played as well as offense and it gets us in stroke (for us lol) faster than just running balls out. Of course there could be some fine tuning to the game I just think it is a fun twist to warming up for tournys and would like to hear all of your guys thoughts on it. Please keep the uneeded negativity to a min, I just would like to hear your thoughts on it and maybe some ideas to make it a better game to warm up with. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like fun. What do you do if you hang a ball in a pocket and you can't bank it? Perhaps you could kick in a hanger? My suggestion is to allow kicks and banks.