Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
FB_IMG_1641003045582.jpg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jimmy, first, Happy New Year! You are off to a great start in this thread with this set. The pilot almost stuck the landing if that concrete was the runway. As it is, to quote Maxwell Smart, "missed by that much!" Watched the last moment ejection that would have just slammed him into the ground in another second or two and the fireman coming out the building with the burning propane tank then walking back into the fire like 'tweren't nothing. Hard call which one had the bigger cahones.

The guy tying down his load, my first thought was great catch! Hopefully the guy on the scooter had no major damage in which case that is very funny. The timing reminds me of one evening when I was pissed off at my foreman for sending me back up over two hundred feet with five minutes or less to go before quitting time. By the time I l climbed up everyone else was halfway to the gate. Back down and putting up my tools; it required removing my boning knife before my tool pouch fit in the box. I pulled it out and hummed it at the shack door with vigor! The boning knife went straight into the door chest high so hard that the handle went through the first side of the hollow core door and stuck straight out just as the foreman opened the door. I didn't say a mumbling word as I retrieved the knife, piss on him! I did wonder about the knife appearing right before his eyes as he stepped up into the doorway, it hit the door with a pretty loud bang too! Neither of us ever said a word to each other about it. That dipshit had tried to kill me a few weeks before anyway and his act was deliberate.

Hu

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy, first, Happy New Year! You are off to a great start in this thread with this set. The pilot almost stuck the landing if that concrete was the runway. As it is, to quote Maxwell Smart, "missed by that much!" Watched the last moment ejection that would have just slammed him into the ground in another second or two and the fireman coming out the building with the burning propane tank then walking back into the fire like 'tweren't nothing. Hard call which one had the bigger cahones.

The guy tying down his load, my first thought was great catch! Hopefully the guy on the scooter had no major damage in which case that is very funny. The timing reminds me of one evening when I was pissed off at my foreman for sending me back up over two hundred feet with five minutes or less to go before quitting time. By the time I l climbed up everyone else was halfway to the gate. Back down and putting up my tools; it required removing my boning knife before my tool pouch fit in the box. I pulled it out and hummed it at the shack door with vigor! The boning knife went straight into the door chest high so hard that the handle went through the first side of the hollow core door and stuck straight out just as the foreman opened the door. I didn't say a mumbling word as I retrieved the knife, piss on him! I did wonder about the knife appearing right before his eyes as he stepped up into the doorway, it hit the door with a pretty loud bang too! Neither of us ever said a word to each other about it. That dipshit had tried to kill me a few weeks before anyway and his act was deliberate.

Hu

200ft in the air and a boning knife?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
200ft in the air and a boning knife?

Two hundred feet up the iron in a papermill. I worked as an industrial insulator and sheet metal mechanic for about fifteen years off and on. A bit more in later years.

A boning knife or similar knife was required equipment for an industrial insulator. After lunch or other brief times of rest we often found an impromptu target and threw the knives. At a dollar a head you could pick up some decent cash fast if you could throw a knife. Being a big fan of Tarzan and similar books and movies since before I started grade school I was throwing a knife since I was walking good, or about five or six to be more accurate.

While it wasn't real clear in my first post, I was looking at the boning knife handle embedded in the door, tee paul was looking at the pointy end, all seven inches.

Hu