Funny pic/gif thread...

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
A friend of mine had an old lab named Hawk. He had owned Hawk since he was eight or ten weeks old and the dog had been a loyal companion until well past the usual expiration date on labrador retrievers. Hawk needed some minor surgery. The vet suggested a snip job while Hawk was out since Hawk wasn't going to be making any puppies and at his age issues due to being "whole" were pretty common.

So ol' Hawk went in for "minor surgery" and woke up with no balls! I ragged Bill for years about how he would feel if he went in for minor surgery and woke up with no nuts. "Minor" is certainly in the eye of the beholder!

Hu
Here's one of mine, Lord Nicolai. He was a retrieving machine, upland and waterfowl
20160416_231234%201.jpg

Yes, he would hold that pheasant all day until I reached for it and told him to drop.
He was an intact male and when some Karen asked if I was going to get him fixed I would say, "What makes you think he's broken?"

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's one of mine, Lord Nicolai. He was a retrieving machine, upland and waterfowl
20160416_231234%201.jpg

Yes, he would hold that pheasant all day until I reached for it and told him to drop.
He was an intact male and when some Karen asked if I was going to get him fixed I would say, "What makes you think he's broken?"

I have owned many dogs over the years including some good labs. My mom was tiny, maybe eighty pounds. When my lab pups were two or three months old they would fill her lap and chair. Of course when they were full grown they still thought they were lap dogs when they were inside. Funny pictures of my mom buried under a couple of full grown labs!

My yellow lab that I named Blue just for grins showed some potential so I sent him to school with a long retired about jockey sized gentleman a hundred and fifty miles away. I'm not one to bother anyone expecting instant results so I waited about a month before even calling for just a preliminary update, no miracles expected. "Does your dog have bad hips?" He was having to pick up my eighty pound plus dog to put him in a standard height International Scout. I laughed, "He can jump on top of the roof of my one ton truck! The dog had learned he could sucker the old man into picking him up. I had to wonder who was training who!

Hu

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Costa Rica: 62f here this cloudy morning. Likely to blast-furnace up to around 70f later in the day. 62% humidity, rampant bikinis and mid 80s at the beach an hour away.
There is a family here in town that has taken care of all landscaping and small projects/repairs for my family since the 1980s. One of the guys goes to Costa Rica every year, typically in January or early February, and surfs for a week or so. He loves it there. Never been, myself, but Wheel of Fortune certainly sends lots of folks there.

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
There is a family here in town that has taken care of all landscaping and small projects/repairs for my family since the 1980s. One of the guys goes to Costa Rica every year, typically in January or early February, and surfs for a week or so. He loves it there. Never been, myself, but Wheel of Fortune certainly sends lots of folks there.
Al you need is a passport and some spare cash. Winter is best for sport fishing. Avoid Semana Santa. This is the rainy season, lower prices with warm rain mostly in the afternoons.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, typically I was busy trying to find enough controllers for fire towers that time of year. Did some other airshows.

I’m not sure I understand.

Are air traffic controllers used to man fire towers? Or is it a matter of managing the airspace around wildfires as they’re being fought?

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
I’m not sure I understand.

Are air traffic controllers used to man fire towers? Or is it a matter of managing the airspace around wildfires as they’re being fought?
When forest fires break out a team goes to work procuring an appropriate airfield, often unpaved and without power, and we would staff a mobile control tower with self contained generator to cool the equipment and power the radios. We would then run 12 hour shifts controlling and weather briefing the fire bomber crews. The OT was great but it was exhausting work.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When forest fires break out a team goes to work procuring an appropriate airfield, often unpaved and without power, and we would staff a mobile control tower with self contained generator to cool the equipment and power the radios. We would then run 12 hour shifts controlling and weather briefing the fire bomber crews. The OT was great but it was exhausting work.

Thanks.

I never even thought about the challenges/complexities involved with that…