Funny pic/gif thread...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
IMG_2397.jpeg

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lived this one! Back in the day, I was tasked to do a months worth of work in a week because that's just how shit rolls down hill with managements everywhere. That being said, I accomplished the task with flying colors, but I was very, very stressed at the end of the week. Some co-workers and I decided to have a few drinks after work that week. We are at a bar with a pool table, and of course, I'm playing. Always the action guy at the time, I was gambling with some biker dudes. Not long into it, they wanted to cause some trouble. Without even thinking, because I was wired, I looked them straight in the face and said "If we go outside, don't bring a knife to a gun fight." I don't know where that came from, I was just pissed. I had neither a gun nor a knife, but I was bullet proof!
Had a similar thing happen once. A buddy and I that used to hang together a bit were at a popular night spot together. This was one of those big, multi-room places popular in the late 70s and early 80s that had a rock room with a big stage, a disco room with the mirror ball and lighted dancefloor, and a lounge/bar area where it was quieter. They had a pool table out near the entrance, and a buddy and I were playing against each other for a while, and occasionally against other people when they put their quarters on the rail. We owned the table that night. So this group of about 6-8 bikers pull up and come inside, one asks how much longer we plan to play pool, so we told them "until we lose". We ended up playing doubles for beers, and went through 3 or 4 games with them. We had beers lined up along this back shelf from winning, and they were getting more and more pissed each time. My buddy and I had a combined weight of well under 300 back then, and we were dressed for the disco, so the other end of the spectrum from these guys. Finally one big dude puts like $5 worth of quarters all along the rail and said he's got the next games once we were done, covered almost the whole long rail on one side. We played one more game between ourselves before my buddy said he thought it was a good time to just give them the table. Probably a good decision.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
But an Iphone displays accurate time...why have a watch? (No I phone here. So I do have a watch.) It's kind of weird...my grandpa had a pocket watch, so he'd reach for his pocket to tell time while I would glance at my wristwatch. In 2023, ask a youngster what the time is, he'll reach for his pocket.