RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ornament.jpg

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Which pocket numbering system do you prefer?

Aiming threads are dead. Its all about standardization.

Asian cultures may favor column based numbering. While European cultures favor row based numbering.

Post and share your thoughts.
I prefer this one below.
Read it like a book LEFT TO RIGHT
SHOWS LIKE A CLOCK
EVERY TABLE HAS A KITCHEN (behind the Head String)
Start in the 'kitchen', finish in the kitchen.
Numbering sm.png

Last edited:

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
What are you doing? Don’t encourage him.
Whatch you talk'n bout Willis?
Esplain Loosie.
Ever since I started playing the big tables in 1970, before that bumper pool which isn't a big table, no one had a definitive designation in calling pockets.
(play-by-play pool radio announcer) "Louis just called the cross corner for the 7 ball." Yah? Well there are 4 corners, which one is it?
In chess each square has a definitive name, why not pool tables? The problem is, the world has different ways of calling pockets. Can anyone explain why we all can't be on the same page?
All I've ever done is try to make 'X' simple and easily understood... aka: Common Sense.

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatch you talk'n bout Willis?
Esplain Loosie.
Ever since I started playing the big tables in 1970, before that bumper pool which isn't a big table, no one had a definitive designation in calling pockets.
(play-by-play pool radio announcer) "Louis just called the cross corner for the 7 ball." Yah? Well there are 4 corners, which one is it?
In chess each square has a definitive name, why not pool tables? The problem is, the world has different ways of calling pockets. Can anyone explain why we all can't be on the same page?
All I've ever done is try to make 'X' simple and easily understood... aka: Common Sense.
The only people who get confused by which pocket a player is calling are those who play APA. They solve that “problem” by putting a stuffed bunny or some other equally silly item at the pocket they mean.

The rest of us seem to get along pretty well with a point of the cue and/or a bit of common sense. 😁