Funny pic/gif thread...

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ac.JPG

Hutt

Registered
There is rap that has some value, usually older stuff. There is rap that is 99% cursing and talking about how much they like to get laid and how much money and cars the rappers have along with little musical content past some low end boom and a few special effects done by someone tapping a pad. I like quite a few pop/rap songs, but those that are past what is basically primate mating rituals with banging sticks together and grabbing of crotches and saying what a nice fat ass the hooker has. Run DMC, LL Cool J, etc.. managed to make well done songs about all sorts of things, Eminem, some others in modern times, usually crafted with interesting word use and style. Calling something with 3 notes used, yelling about pussy and dick as proper music is not something I would agree with as taking any talent or effort past marketing and too much drug use LOL I agree it's technically "music" but not really IMHO.
There has been a lot of rap lately with really good meaningful lyrics... Tom MacDonald is one example