Funny pic/gif thread...

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1675390692109.png

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was referring to 70+ years of Shimano.
Well, aside from the hinges and the cable actuated squeeze, there's no comparison.

Cane creek is cutting edge boutique stuff and Shimano can make a beautifully functional, no nonsense and good looking component in batches of 187663657828377 and they are all perfect.

Shimano on all my bikes!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, aside from the hinges and the cable actuated squeeze, there's no comparison.

Cane creek is cutting edge boutique stuff and Shimano can make a beautifully functional, no nonsense and good looking component in batches of 187663657828377 and they are all perfect.

Shimano on all my bikes!
They make some great fishing reels too. I wouldn't trade my Stella reels for anything.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do people still use rim brakes? I thought everything had moved over to discs, at least above the lower tier stuff.
The disappearance of rim brakes is probably accurate in the mountain bike world, but in the road bike world I think we'll see them for a few years.
Rim brakes are definitely a good bit lighter and strong enough to put your ass on the ground at any moment you may or may not wish to visit it.

That said I have a few bikes and only one has rim brakes. a 2012 road bike.

Discs are really nice, until you have to work on them.
Screenshot_20191022-212158.jpg