General question about cloth.

B_White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many tables will a bolt and a 1/2 bolt cover? Where is a good place to purchase cloth at a good price? Thanks for any responses. Also, I have a Duofast staple gun, 1/2 inch crown. It works well but I have been wanting to switch to air staplers. Harbor Freight has 1/2 inch crown and 1/4 inch crown guns for $20 dollars. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they any good and what type of psi tank should I be looking for?

Dartman

Silver Member
There's no exact answer because it depends on table size and brand of cloth. Full bolts generally run from 68-72 yds and vary based on brand between 66 and 78 inches wide so the yield will vary. It's easier to back into what you need when you know how many and what size tables you have to cover.

jfred0826

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Harbor Freight Staplers, 1/2 inch crowns

Ordinarily, I don't buy any cheap tools. However, on advice from this forum, I bought three 1/2 inch crown 20 gauge air staplers from Harbor Freight. So far, they have driven all staples to the proper depth, and never fail to shoot. The only drawback, and it's minor, is they will not feed the last 3/4 inch of each clip of staples. I usually operate them at about 100 psi and use name brand t-50 staples from Home Depot.

All the big name air gun manufacturers sell their 20 gauge staplers at about $150.00. Even if the $20.00 Harbor Freight guns die early, they're a bargain.

Joe

Dartman

Silver Member
Is there significant savings over buying individual cuts?

As an example when I used to deal in cloth the cost difference for a 7' table between a single precut and a half bolt which yields about 7 tables in Simonis was around $6 per table. What you need to figure in on buying bulk is you're limited to that single color, the time it takes to cut the cloth plus the fact that you are also buying any flaws in the roll. A flawed precut is normally returnable or exchangeable.

Last edited:

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Harbor freight staplers

Ordinarily, I don't buy any cheap tools. However, on advice from this forum, I bought three 1/2 inch crown 20 gauge air staplers from Harbor Freight. So far, they have driven all staples to the proper depth, and never fail to shoot. The only drawback, and it's minor, is they will not feed the last 3/4 inch of each clip of staples. I usually operate them at about 100 psi and use name brand t-50 staples from Home Depot.

All the big name air gun manufacturers sell their 20 gauge staplers at about $150.00. Even if the $20.00 Harbor Freight guns die early, they're a bargain.

Joe

I also switched over to air staplers after owning three or four duofast electric ones. I bought a small air compressor from senco and the compressor, 2 guns 2boxes of staples and a 50' hose all fit in a 6 gallon milk crate.

In All three of my harbor freight staplers they fire till the tray is empty!!!

I bought the compressor, 3 guns and hose with needed fittings for less than the price of what I paid for my last electric

GOOD LUCK
GORDON GRAHAM
LAS VEGAS
425-275-8255