German Premierleague videos

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I share the videos of Germany's recent premierleague matches with you

http://portal.billardarea.de/cms_blog/buli/

It's probably hard to navigate for people not speaking German but I try to navigate you

If you click on the logos on the bottom of the video player you find the different matches. You should especially look for videos with "Oberhausen" in the title. These matches show their star players Niels Feijen and Oliver Ortmann (and one with their rookie player)

The video called "Bork - Dachau" has Germany's top youth player Dominic Jentsch in a match of 8-Ball

But all in all the matches are pretty good. The format is a bit uncommon. Our premier league plays short races with winner's break but you have to win two sets to win the match. The balls are racked using the "Magic Ball Rack" and players are under a 35 second shot clock (not visible, only audible "Time" warning) with one extenstion per rack

Also check the 14.1 forum where I've posted the straight pool matches which were filmed as a "bonus" after the TV-Table matches ended.

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a little bump to promote the German Premierleague with world-class players like Oliver Ortmann, Niels Feijen or Dominic Jentsch

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice!

Where is the room in Dachau? I spent some time there :)eek::grin-square:)...(by choice!!) and certianly saw no pool?

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Very nice video. Like the format also if I am see it correctly.
Looks like teams of four players on each team. 4 matches consisting of 8ball 9-ball 10-ball and 14.1 being played simultaniously.

Ty for the link !

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's correct. 4 players play all 4 major disciplines simultaniously.
Other than all other german leagues the premierleague plays only 4 matches - normally you play another 4 matches and players are not allowed to play the same discipline twice.

But to speed things up and stay within the attention span of potential sponsors or other important people (like the city's major) they've decided to play only 4 matches

Since last year the German Premierleague plays some matches on neutral soil which are streamed live to the internet by pool-stage. Since this year it's the Holiday Inn Hotel in Stuttgart.

Dachau's room is
M's Billard
Brunngartenstrasse 5
85221 Dachau

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Search for a channel called "pool stage" on youtube !

Alot of them are there too !