Ghost variations

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just learned of a different take in playing ghost. Maybe it's been around a while and I never paid attention but here's what I picked up on for ghost practice:

The amount of balls vari based off of skill but start off with 4 balls hitting them in rotation with BNH after break, when this is easy add one stripe ball as interference. When that becomes easy add another stripe. Then add another object ball so on and so on. Until you are running the 9ball rack with 2 blocker balls mixed in, then 3 etc etc. So before adding a object ball you must of had two blockers, then add object ball with no blocker until it gets easy, makes sense right?

Now apply this to 8ball, rack up 4balls pocket any order (8 last) then add one opposite blocker, then two blockers, once running 8balls out then continue adding blockers until all 15 are on table! The 8ball version is not near as challenging as the 9ball but would be very helpful for average league players that may get ball in hand after his opponent made a few!!!!

After doing this for a while, I found it sorta fun,

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i just learned of a different take in playing ghost. Maybe it's been around a while and I never paid attention but here's what I picked up on for ghost practice:

The amount of balls vari based off of skill but start off with 4 balls hitting them in rotation with BNH after break, when this is easy add one stripe ball as interference. When that becomes easy add another stripe. Then add another object ball so on and so on. Until you are running the 9ball rack with 2 blocker balls mixed in, then 3 etc etc. So before adding a object ball you must of had two blockers, then add object ball with no blocker until it gets easy, makes sense right?

Now apply this to 8ball, rack up 4balls pocket any order (8 last) then add one opposite blocker, then two blockers, once running 8balls out then continue adding blockers until all 15 are on table! The 8ball version is not near as challenging as the 9ball but would be very helpful for average league players that may get ball in hand after his opponent made a few!!!!

After doing this for a while, I found it sorta fun,
It's called Progressive Ghost, and yes, it has been around for a while.;)

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
It's called Progressive Ghost, and yes, it has been around for a while.;)

The 9 ball situation is how I've practiced for years. If I do this for a few hours a day for 3 days, I'll be in top shape. I start with 3 balls and play 3 ahead. Once I get 3 ahead, I add a ball and play 3 ahead again working my way up to 10 ball. It's the best IMO.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
The 9 ball situation is how I've practiced for years. If I do this for a few hours a day for 3 days, I'll be in top shape. I start with 3 balls and play 3 ahead. Once I get 3 ahead, I add a ball and play 3 ahead again working my way up to 10 ball. It's the best IMO.

Do you start with the low balls and add, ie 1-3 then 4, 5, 6, etc or start with high balls and add, ie 8-10, 7, 6, 5, etc?