Good Luck in China

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Best of luck at the Amway Cup. Not a cupcake draw by any means with Allison in your group, but i'm sure that challenge will make it all the more fun playing.

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
The draw is up?? Thank you Tim. It is actually Taipei, Taiwan where we are all going. It is a great venue and a huge turnout to watch. Plus it is on live TV for about 8 hours a day. I will try to figure out how to get to that.

I will do updates from Taiwan as often as I can!

Sarah

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I decided to search and found it. There are some really tough groups. The group I am in consists of people that I have a little experience playing in other competitions and at that competition last year. At least I know what to expect!

Group E looks pretty tough to me. Karen Corr, Rubilen Amit and Lin. Two past world champions. Group F is also a very tough group.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sarah

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
And as I recall, Jasmin & Xiao-Ting are in the same group as well. Lots of great early match-ups, looks like everyone will have a tough road. The only surprise I noticed is Brittany Bryant not in the field repping Team Canada. Oh well, U S A, U S A, U S A!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
There definitely aren't any particularly easy draws, that is for sure!

I know that it is up to the players to decide if they want to go or not. It is a pretty expensive trip and the US and Canada don't pay for their players to represent their countries in these events. I know Brittany and Naomi were the top two at the Canadian Championships, they must have passed on the spots and then the association must have gone down a list of players to see who would go. It looks like Maureen Seto and Veronique Menard are the two that will represent Canada.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
I know that it is up to the players to decide if they want to go or not. It is a pretty expensive trip and the US and Canada don't pay for their players to represent their countries in these events.

:mad::mad: That sucks!! I'll bet the Euros pay expenses for their representatives. :mad::mad:

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Linda and I are proud of you

Sarah, Linda and I wanted to say how proud we are of your playing in the Amway Cup. We watched your match with Allison,and I must say,I see what tremendous skill you have,along with your poise and character. I have followed your career from a distance,and have always believed you are one of the next level of Champion in Pool. The Taiwanese and Chinese Women are playing serious competitive pool and their levels are rising. This means they will help you elevate your game as well. Again,we enjoyed watching you compete,and I guess you can call Linda and Me Original Members of the HeartBackers!! lol. Peace and Best Wishes.
Carl Semmes
Linda DeGroot