Good Place to Play in Corpus Christi, TX?

pooligan

Registered
Will be down in Corpus for the latter half of the week, looking for a nice place to shoot some to kill a little time while down there.

Any ideas?

Pooligan

pooligan

Registered
Yep, looks like I'll be hitting up Click's tomorrow or Friday.

Just called for rates, interesting that they charge different for 8' vs 9' tables. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I'm cheap, so I'll probably bang 'em around on the 8' for the 'free w/purchase' rate.

Maybe I'll play some 7-UP to practice. :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Theo's Billiards just around the corner from Clicks.....free pool all day...8ft Brunswicks...and a real pro shop.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those two places are your only options really. Everything else has pretty much closed down. Pockets on Leopard street being a 3rd option but this is not really the side of town you want to be on unless you're looking for meth or a hooker.

Theo's isn't bad but you need to make sure they don't have live music that night. It can get crazy loud and packed at times. Unless your table is all the way in the back it might be hard to enjoy a night of pool.

Clicks is a better option for an actual pool player but this is easily the most expensive place in town. By design they literally raised their prices to keep lower end clientele out of their bar. Its pretty much karaoke every night there and its god awful but if you're on the 9 foot tables you probably can't hear it. Food is actually not too bad.