Good set of budget pool balls...?

betyouaint

Registered
I'm looking for a set of pool balls with good balance between quality and price. At the moment I have a set of old balls which are heavy and make the sweet sharp "clacking" sound upon impact. Unfortunately, they are riddled with cracks and look like they are about to explode if given a good thwack. I also have a set of cheap balls that have a duller strike sound and also have lots of damage. They are for home use, for friends and family; nothing too serious. Any suggestions?
 
Ive got a set of Brunswick Centennials in very good shape, that Id be willing to make you a hell of a deal on...
 
I'm looking for a set of pool balls with good balance between quality and price. At the moment I have a set of old balls which are heavy and make the sweet sharp "clacking" sound upon impact. Unfortunately, they are riddled with cracks and look like they are about to explode if given a good thwack. I also have a set of cheap balls that have a duller strike sound and also have lots of damage. They are for home use, for friends and family; nothing too serious. Any suggestions?

Have you considered going to a local room and seeing if they will sell you one of their used sets? I know a couple of rooms around here that sell old sets of Arimith balls for $20. Sometimes a used commercial set is better for quality than new cheap set.
 
We used Aramith Premium sets in our club for years before we upgraded to the Tournament sets.
Retailing just under 100 Euros I think it's the best value for money you can get. Especially since our table fitter didn't make the nails holding the pockets in place flush, so our super expensive Tournament sets already have dents:(
 
Aramith Premier would be my suggestion. Nice set of balls for not too much money. It's most important that they're a matched set than anything.
 
Those Centennials sound very tempting... how good of a deal are we talking? And do you have any more specifics on condition?

Cheers.
 
Don't forget eBay.
Usually some good deals on used ball sets.
I got my new Aramith Tournament top of the line set on there for around $270.00,
then auctioned my used Aramith Pro set for $90.00.
 
Back
Top