Gorst returns to international play

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
he is applying for a green card
that is not the same as applying for USA citizenship
Having a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card (PDF, 1.69 MB) allows you to live and work permanently in the United States.

Yep. It is at least a 5 year wait to become a citizen after you get a green card. I'm not certain that Russia still allows its citizens to hold dual citizenship with the US or that Fedor has ever said he will become a US citizen.

Reactions: bbb

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Many, many extra people will get Gorsted thanks to this.

He is (IMO off course) at the moment the very best player on the planet and it's not really close either.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Many, many extra people will get Gorsted thanks to this.

He is (IMO off course) at the moment the very best player on the planet and it's not really close either.
Fedor might be the best but in the last two majors in which both he and FSR played, Sanchez-Ruiz won the World 8-ball while Gorst tied for 17th and Sanchez won silver at the World 10-ball while Gorst won bronze.

Yes, it's very close, but until we see Fedor outperforming FSR, let's not rush to judgment here.

As for all-around player, Gorst is clearly the best in the world after two consecutive Master of the Table efforts at Derby City.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did Kristina Tkach apply for the same classification? If so, did she get it? If not, will she be unable to accompany Fedor on his international trips?

Iwishiwasrich

Fedor said in a interview that in about 5 years he will be able to play for the USA and is looking forward to it. Can you imagine how good he will be in 5 years? And if Shaw and Mika ever play for the US team that would be enough for me to not watch.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a great day for pro pool. Fedor is a credit to our game as both a competitor and a gentleman.

As brilliantly as he's playing right now, Fedor can't reach his fullest potential without regularly competing against the very best. Now that he can travel internationally, the coast is clear for him to do so.

Wishing him the best.
...and he is doing it the right way.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rep01.jpg

😁:ROFLMAO:

Justaneng

Registered
Even moving Shaw and Gorst to team USA, USA still at a slight disadvantage (by current Fargo rating).

Filler (GER) 840, +3 over Gorst (USA) 837
FSR (Spain) 833 = SVB (USA) 833
Shaw (USA) 826, +2 over Kaci (Alb)
Ouchan (AUT) 822, +20 over Woodward (USA) 802
Feijin (NED) 815, +15 over DeChaine (USA) 800

If you acknowledge that Dechaine and Bergman are out and have innacurate ratings by now, than the 5th slot:

Feijin (NED) 815, +35 over Roberts (USA) 780.

EU also has 8 additional players over Fargo 800 at their disposal.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he is applying for a green card
that is not the same as applying for USA citizenship
Having a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card (PDF, 1.69 MB) allows you to live and work permanently in the United States.
I believe I read that is with the intention of subsequently applying for U.S. citizenship. That's what my comment was based upon.

Reactions: bbb

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Fedor might be the best but in the last two majors in which both he and FSR played, Sanchez-Ruiz won the World 8-ball while Gorst tied for 17th and Sanchez won silver at the World 10-ball while Gorst won bronze.

Yes, it's very close, but until we see Fedor outperforming FSR, let's not rush to judgment here.

As for all-around player, Gorst is clearly the best in the world after two consecutive Master of the Table efforts at Derby City.

If there's anyone's opinion I respect, it's yours Stu(y)

Two majors they recently played in together is quite a small sample size, I am really excited to see what the next 10 or 20 will bring between this fantastic group of players we currently have will bring. My money is clearly on Fedor, for me it's news when he doesn't win an event he enters.

Reactions: sjm

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. It is at least a 5 year wait to become a citizen after you get a green card. I'm not certain that Russia still allows its citizens to hold dual citizenship with the US or that Fedor has ever said he will become a US citizen.

i think he has said he wants to play for USA, quite recently but idk where. kristina also corrected the predator 10b commentator when he said fedor was russian, she said "hmm.. memphis indianan". funny moment in an otherwise dull commentary

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fedor said in a interview that in about 5 years he will be able to play for the USA and is looking forward to it. Can you imagine how good he will be in 5 years? And if Shaw and Mika ever play for the US team that would be enough for me to not watch.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone correct me if I’m wrong (which I’m sure they will). Concerning who is the better player, when Ruiz won the World 9ball, Gorst was banned. Kind of waters down the title when the main competition is banned. When Ruiz won the 8 ball with Gorst in the field, Gorst had primarily been playing in the bar table tournaments. It was obvious he was not at his best when he returned to the 9 footer. Even so, it was Gorst, according to one of the announcers during the World 10 ball, that put Ruiz in the loser’s bracket. The 10 ball championship was the best indication of how close they are. Ruiz getting the W, in one of the best matches I’ve seen. Again referring to one of the commentators, in head to head competition, they are pretty even. Take your pick.