Got any ideas for a new guy on the block? Please read.

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, newbie here and I just wanted to see about getting any input from the experienced cuemakers. I have been here on AZ for about six months or so reading and soaking in any information that would help me along in my cue repair, cuemaking adventures. I came acrossed this cue for sale on Ebay and thought it would be something I could work with. It was sold as a Predator SPJ with no logos. The cue is not finished, no pin, no clear, no final sanding. so being the new guy I thought I might be able to turn this thing here into my own gem of a players cue. I ended up paying $68 dollars for it. I have a Deluxe Cue Smith and not too many other tools, again I thought this would be a good place to start. I would like to add that I have been doing minor repairs, reconditions, tip replacements for about six months now. Oh and I just did my first pin replacement in a McDermott. Not to bore you, I just thought maybe some of you have been in the same boat. Okay so back to the cue.

This cue set up for a radial pin. It came with the weight and bumper, no pin. The only thing I really see being a problem is in pic #3 there is a little eye in the wood. Doesnt seem like it can be sanded or turned out without changing the diameter of the whole area. I dont mind wraps but I would prefer a wrapless. A clearcoated linen wrap? Maybe a leather wrap for those of you that do them? Any of the work that I can't do, I am willing to send it anywhere in the COUSA. Basically I am wondering if any of you have been here when you started out and what would you do? If you need addition pics, measurements, let me know. Thanks for your patience and time. Please rely.
 
Last edited:
Take and sand the cue and get it ready for a seal coat. When it is ready for a seal coat, fill it with epoxy. Let it dry and then sand it back down and then seal the cue. Then do your clear coat process. Easy fix!
 
Back
Top