Gotta come clean . . . best tip tool for me

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve heard all the arguments about the best tip tools blah blah blah. I’ve owned most all of them. Just finished using the “Last 4 Ever” tip tool.

The best tip tool to have in your case, in your pocket, in your truck is hands down. . . the Willard’s tool! Without a doubt, the best scuffer/shaper available.

When it comes to burnishing the “Last 4 Ever” , with care, works OK. The Porper and the Ultimate Tip Tool work better. When it comes to mushrooming, the “Last 4 Ever” works better than the Porper, with the blade. Not many others work at all. The Willard’s is useless for burnishing and mushrooming. But those two things matter little.

When it comes down to owning one tool, Willard’s is it. Nothing else works as easily or discreetly as the Willard’s.

Mark me down as tired of chasing! Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve used several tip tools over the years, but now the only thing I ever use is a piece of sandpaper to give it a little shape about once every couple months.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
the best tip tool is a cube of chalk, and knowing how to use it correctly.

you don't need anything else. ever.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer to do everything by hand on the cue tip after EACH playing session - I clean off the chalk with a dry paper towel, LIGHTLY hand reshape the tip with FINE grit sandpaper, LIGHTLY apply the tip tapper around the entire tip, THEN finish it off with a side burnishing using a 4X4 leather square. I never get a miscue using this routine, and never put a cue back in a case without going through this routine. Cue tip work is always followed up with a 91% rubbing alcohol cloth cleaning of the shaft and reburnishing of the shaft with a clean micro fiber cloth. All of this takes 5 minutes per shaft and it just works for me.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer to do everything by hand on the cue tip after EACH playing session - I clean off the chalk with a dry paper towel, LIGHTLY hand reshape the tip with FINE grit sandpaper, LIGHTLY apply the tip tapper around the entire tip, THEN finish it off with a side burnishing using a 4X4 leather square. I never get a miscue using this routine, and never put a cue back in a case without going through this routine. Cue tip work is always followed up with a 91% rubbing alcohol cloth cleaning of the shaft and reburnishing of the shaft with a clean micro fiber cloth. All of this takes 5 minutes per shaft and it just works for me.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/obssessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd.htm/

:thumbup:

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Tip pick only. I still play with water buffalo... so no reshaping or mushrooming. Lightly pick tip every time I play. That's it.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No kidding. All you'd have to do is get in this guys case while he's in the pisser, hide his stuff and he'd be history. Padded room time. Guessing he probably has a dusting schedule posted at home. ;)

You guys here!!! OK so I like to do things the "right" way for me- shoot me for it- I can take it - but ALL my stuff still looks great even 20+ years later, and whenever I sell one of my cues on Ebay I get top $$ because my cue sale feedback is the best out there!!

IT is NOT OCD- - I had NOTHING as a kid- so I really take care of ANYTHING that I own as an adult and I am very, very thankful for the ability in my life to be fortunate enough to own everything I ever wanted through hard work and great health.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys here!!! OK so I like to do things the "right" way for me- shoot me for it- I can take it - but ALL my stuff still looks great even 20+ years later, and whenever I sell one of my cues on Ebay I get top $$ because my cue sale feedback is the best out there!!

IT is NOT OCD- - I had NOTHING as a kid- so I really take care of ANYTHING that I own as an adult and I am very, very thankful for the ability in my life to be fortunate enough to own everything I ever wanted through hard work and great health.

Relax man, just givin' you the needle. It is a tad OCD tho. ;)