GQ pool video with Tony Robles

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm only 6 minutes in. Washing machine a few feet behind me started it's spin. Paused the video.

So, a tip to you all...don't set up your desktop 'puter near the washer and dryer. :(

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a magazine did an article about Janette Lee she was naked. Just saying....

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Good video. Enjoyed it. Might help some of the ball bangers out there. As for the masse shot in The Hustler he is right, Mosconi shot that shot. He was not right about the Balabushka in TCOM, it was a JOSS as all of us pool nuts know.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the video was very well done. I can't think of a greater ambassador for pool here in America than Tony. There might be better players, but not too many that are as eloquent and respectable. A great win for pool with that video.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great job here by Tony, just as you'd expect. Tony is and has always been a great representative for our sport.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
There's a recent match on youtube of Tony vs. Earl...race to 15, 9 ball. Sound quality terrible at first, but gets better later on. Sure both may be past their glory years, but I enjoyed watching...pretty obvious that he ones who were in Amsterdam that night did as well. Breaking from the spot with 9 on the spot must have been one of the agreed upon things. That added interest for me. Maybe should be tried in tournament play?

Earl Strickland vs. Tony Robles 9-Ball 2020 - YouTube

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
“No one cares about pool!!!”

That video hasn’t even been up on GQ’s YouTube page a week and already has 429,000 views.

jimmyc

Registered
Is he right about Fast Eddie fouling on that "combination"? (about 3:30) I have a hard time seeing it at full speed. I can't believe a nice guy like Eddie would cheat.