GREAT CHEAP pool glove

John Daminato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDonald's had, arguably, the first franchise hamburger joints.

Do you feel bad eating at hamburger joints, other than McDonald's?

There is not a manager taking McDonald's exact formula and parts of a cheese burger--Walking out the back door with boxes of it and selling it 1/3 the cost at the corner.

I think you could of came up with a better metaphoric comparison then that. :D

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
doesn't anyone care that Molinari painstakingly put the time, effort and research into designing one the best designed gloves on the market and the factory that makes the glove is most likely just spitting his design out?

I'm not judging anyone, I just ordered one myself to see if it's legit. Not sure I will wear it because I have enough issues in my game, don't want the bad Karma. Naw, I probably will. :cool:

Same thing happened with the JB cases but at least Seyberts had some integrity and dropped the line. Hell, for all I know maybe they made the brand and was forced to drop it. Scary, you come up with an idea, you have to almost get it made in China to be competitive and nothing can stop them from ruining your hard earned market.

I agree. There comes a time when the consumer has to back the companies of the products they love. We expect them to pour all sorts of money into R&D, and also all sorts of money into tournaments and promoting the game we love, we need to give a little back via loyalty.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
When I go to the links one says "listing has ended" and on the other it says "currently unavailable."

Go to ebay or amazon and search

Pool snooker billiard glove and they will show up
Some a few dollars higher in price but keep scrolling and youll find it

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of these gloves after seeing this thread here, it is for the price a nice glove. Before this one I had bought a pack of ten for like 5 bucks on ebay and they were junk, glad I found this one and should have bought more at the time because you never know what the next batch will be like.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Cheap gloves

I ordered a hundred cheap billiard gloves from china about 5 years ago .
69 cents per glove .

They were nothing special and developed holes close to my finger tips in them with in 12 hours of wearing one .

The gloves did provide a smooth surface and I didn't have to worry about washing the gloves .
I would toss the glove as soon as the holes were to big .

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a vapor glove at the expo this year and honestly didn’t think much of it. I think it was the thumb that wasn’t cut out that bothered me. It was ok for the money but I’ll spend a few more dollars and get a mollinari.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
doesn't anyone care that Molinari painstakingly put the time, effort and research into designing one the best designed gloves on the market and the factory that makes the glove is most likely just spitting his design out?

I'm not judging anyone, I just ordered one myself to see if it's legit. Not sure I will wear it because I have enough issues in my game, don't want the bad Karma. Naw, I probably will. :cool:

Same thing happened with the JB cases but at least Seyberts had some integrity and dropped the line. Hell, for all I know maybe they made the brand and was forced to drop it. Scary, you come up with an idea, you have to almost get it made in China to be competitive and nothing can stop them from ruining your hard earned market.

Second to market often reaps greater rewards. Anything that is popular will be copied. And the easier it is to build the more chance that copies will come from multiple sources.

I don't know what the cost to Molinari is for the gloves. I don't know what the cost of development was. What I do know is that the product is relatively easy to make so at a $30 price point it makes for a big target.

Competition is what drives innovation. First to market has the revenue advantage with being able to charge the highest prices. Second to market has the profit advantage by being able to ride on the first mover's R&D and marketing.

Price levels the playing field forcing the first to market to either lower their prices or continue to innovate and thus justify the prices being asked. There is almost no product that is safe from competition and imitation. The best defense I have found is to have an incredibly strong quality to value ratio. If my competitors have to build to my quality levels then they are unlikely to be able to do so for less than it costs me and if my products are priced so that the value exceeds the price being asked then it's unlikely that the competition can afford to sell their knockoffs for much less than we charge. And when the price is close then the choice is clear, go with the proven brand.

And when the prices are very different then either the name brand has very high-profit margins thus allowing the competitor to make the same quality and sell for less while still profiting well, OR the knockoff has poor quality and hopes to sell based on the similar look. And that's what consumers have to find out for themselves. Makers can make their comparisons and claims but ultimately the market decides because people share experiences.

Seyberts was cool to drop the knockoffs but they also realized the power of a quality brand ultimately brings them more sales because people looking for that brand show up at their store. And happy customers who get a great quality product tend to bring more people to the store.

And the world keeps turning.....