Great people in Albuquerque NM,

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Hi all well I just got back from out short stop in NM. We had 3 events in Albuquerque and one in Las Crusas. Everyone in NM was just wonderful, they made Earl, Johnny and myself feel very welcome the whole time. The pool schools and exhibitions were great and everyone seemed to be very happy. I'm not sure howmany people in NM come on here but I just wanted to say a collective thank you to everyone in NM. The Billiard Palace, Q Time, Sharon Olhausen and her husband for the table and all thier support. Eamon Moran of the NM APA who really helped us also. We will be hitting the west coast in July and I hope to be able to give everyone solid dates and places within a week and begin to book up the pool schools in those areas. NM Rocks and has a great pool and Billiards community.
 
I want to add my 2 cents about Albuquerque. First of all Mark is a great guy. He is pleasant to deal with and I appreciate him making it happen for everyone involved. I am glad I made the trip to go and attend. The pros were more than approachable and treated us all with respect. Johnny is as impressive in person as he in on tv. He is a great man and very complimentary. Earl is the BOMB. I believe the trip was worth it just to see that man stroke the ball. I truly believe there is very few people in the world that can cue the ball the way he does (maybe Massey). I hope earl regains his prowess and wins some more tourneys. Overall, I am very happy I made the trip. I wished I could have stayed longer!!! Thank you Mark, Johnny, and Earl. Lets do it again.
 
No Surprise

bfdlad said:
Hi all well I just got back from out short stop in NM. We had 3 events in Albuquerque and one in Las Crusas. Everyone in NM was just wonderful, they made Earl, Johnny and myself feel very welcome the whole time. The pool schools and exhibitions were great and everyone seemed to be very happy. I'm not sure howmany people in NM come on here but I just wanted to say a collective thank you to everyone in NM. The Billiard Palace, Q Time, Sharon Olhausen and her husband for the table and all thier support. Eamon Moran of the NM APA who really helped us also. We will be hitting the west coast in July and I hope to be able to give everyone solid dates and places within a week and begin to book up the pool schools in those areas. NM Rocks and has a great pool and Billiards community.

It doesn't surprise me one bit the number of great players that come from NM. This only confirms there are many people that love the sport out there.

I'll never forget the tournament in Amarillo at Fast Eddies. I was out of the tournament 9-12 and still had a chance of a decent payday with a horse that I bought in the auction. I just knew I was cashing when my horse was about to play a little bitty gal from NM. Anna something. Well....... we didn't cash that day. That gal can really play!!! I heard her dad owns the Billiard Palace. I had played him once, there at the Billiard Palace. He was a super guy. Beat the pants off me on a 7ft Diamond!! That's another story though.

Ray
 
Wow, Justin...that's quite a drive, from Price! Good for you! Like I told you when I saw you a couple of years ago...work with as many people as your time and budget will allow! I'm sure you learned some great stuff! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

justin.powell said:
I am glad I made the trip to go and attend. Overall, I am very happy I made the trip. I wished I could have stayed longer!
 
Mark...It was great to meet you at Fatboy's house last month. I'm glad we got a chance to talk. I think what you're doing is a great thing...both for the poolplayers, and for Johnny & Earl! Like I told you, what I'm trying to do, is somewhat the same, but I'm trying to do it for more than just the 'marquee' players. Best of luck, and I hope you get this going strong all over the country. It sounds like it was very successful in NM.:D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

bfdlad said:
Hi all well I just got back from out short stop in NM. We had 3 events in Albuquerque and one in Las Crusas. Everyone in NM was just wonderful, they made Earl, Johnny and myself feel very welcome the whole time. The pool schools and exhibitions were great and everyone seemed to be very happy. I'm not sure howmany people in NM come on here but I just wanted to say a collective thank you to everyone in NM. The Billiard Palace, Q Time, Sharon Olhausen and her husband for the table and all thier support. Eamon Moran of the NM APA who really helped us also. We will be hitting the west coast in July and I hope to be able to give everyone solid dates and places within a week and begin to book up the pool schools in those areas. NM Rocks and has a great pool and Billiards community.
 
Bigtruck said:
It doesn't surprise me one bit the number of great players that come from NM. This only confirms there are many people that love the sport out there.

I'll never forget the tournament in Amarillo at Fast Eddies. I was out of the tournament 9-12 and still had a chance of a decent payday with a horse that I bought in the auction. I just knew I was cashing when my horse was about to play a little bitty gal from NM. Anna something. Well....... we didn't cash that day. That gal can really play!!! I heard her dad owns the Billiard Palace. I had played him once, there at the Billiard Palace. He was a super guy. Beat the pants off me on a 7ft Diamond!! That's another story though.

Ray


Anna Kostanian I believe is who you are talking about....not just some woman player by any means! There were a few guys that tried to hustle me at that tournament and said that if I wouldn't play them, that I could play the girl that hung out with them(talking about Anna). When I called all them by name, they froze and just stared without blinking as I smiled and walked out the door! It was awesome.
 
justin.powell said:
I want to add my 2 cents about Albuquerque. First of all Mark is a great guy. He is pleasant to deal with and I appreciate him making it happen for everyone involved. I am glad I made the trip to go and attend. The pros were more than approachable and treated us all with respect. Johnny is as impressive in person as he in on tv. He is a great man and very complimentary. Earl is the BOMB. I believe the trip was worth it just to see that man stroke the ball. I truly believe there is very few people in the world that can cue the ball the way he does (maybe Massey). I hope earl regains his prowess and wins some more tourneys. Overall, I am very happy I made the trip. I wished I could have stayed longer!!! Thank you Mark, Johnny, and Earl. Lets do it again.
Thank you for the kind words and we hope to be in Oregon and Seattle, WA at the end of July so that maybe closer for you. I will let you know. It was great to meet you too.
 
Scott Lee said:
Mark...It was great to meet you at Fatboy's house last month. I'm glad we got a chance to talk. I think what you're doing is a great thing...both for the poolplayers, and for Johnny & Earl! Like I told you, what I'm trying to do, is somewhat the same, but I'm trying to do it for more than just the 'marquee' players. Best of luck, and I hope you get this going strong all over the country. It sounds like it was very successful in NM.:D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Scott, it was nice meeting you also and I think what you have planned is a great this too and I hope it works out for you. It's a shame I didn't get to spend more time with you but it was a bit hectic with you doing your teaching at the Riv and me being all over the place. I feel like I havn't stopped moving since then. I'll speak to you soon.
 
Back
Top