Had Lessons from Lee Brett last night...

InTheCloudzzz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was my first time to get any kind of lessons/instruction from someone who knows what they're doing. I was VERY impressed w/ how easy he communicated and was able to express what he was trying to do (both verbally and through demonstration).

I enjoyed that his style is to improve upon the individual strengths and weaknesses (after ample observation) in a very structured way rather than having just a "one size fits all" approach.

Like most things that we do not know, there was no earth shattering revelations but rather simple common sense adjustments that made perfect sense once he explained it that admittedly, I'd never thought of even after 15-20 yrs of play. I truly believe the slight changes he recommended will not only be easy to implement (through some practice) but will make a huge improvement in my overall game.

While I'm sure prices are different based on different factors, I felt that we (me and my brother) got an absolute steal. Based on that, we both paid more than Lee charged as a tip and a show of appreciation for such a great job.

I hope that our paths cross again where I can get more instruction and to get his reevaluation to see how the adjustments he recommended for me (different than the ones for my brother) are coming along.

Again, great, great job Lee!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Ryan Malley
Meridian, MS

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan...Glad you had a great experience with Lee. I would expect that, after he trained with randyg (not that he didn't teach well before that). I am curious, though, who these 'instructors' are, who teach a "one size fits all" approach? I can't say that I know any real 'professional' instructors who take that approach (and certainly none in our SPF group). I've seen some pro players trying to teach, who do, though. Part of the mission of the PBIA is to raise the bar, across the board, for those who wish to teach, and become certified by the PBIA.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I enjoyed that his style is to improve upon the individual strengths and weaknesses (after ample observation) in a very structured way rather than having just a "one size fits all" approach.

Ryan Malley
Meridian, MS

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Sounds like a safe bet for top notch instruction. Hope he books a million lessons.

InTheCloudzzz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan...Glad you had a great experience with Lee. I would expect that, after he trained with randyg (not that he didn't teach well before that). I am curious, though, who these 'instructors' are, who teach a "one size fits all" approach? I can't say that I know any real 'professional' instructors who take that approach (and certainly none in our SPF group). I've seen some pro players trying to teach, who do, though. Part of the mission of the PBIA is to raise the bar, across the board, for those who wish to teach, and become certified by the PBIA.

Scott Lee

I have zero experience w/ any other instructors. I was not trying to imply that I knew of any instructors that did this but it was a concern of mine before Lee arrived. I was very pleased when the first thing he wanted to do was watch us (me and my brother) play for about 20-30 min while he took notes on both of our play. This may be (and hopefully is) the standard approach to instruction but again, I have zero prior experience w/ this and have no basis for saying whether it is or not. I hope it is as I felt that I got every penny of my $$$ worth plus some.

Ryan

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Scott no offence intended but i spent time with Randy as a friend not trained with him, i teach my own styles from snooker.

Sounds like a safe bet for top notch instruction. Hope he books a million lessons.

Thank you Sir

This was my first time to get any kind of lessons/instruction from someone who knows what they're doing. I was VERY impressed w/ how easy he communicated and was able to express what he was trying to do (both verbally and through demonstration).

Like most things that we do not know, there was no earth shattering revelations but rather simple common sense adjustments that made perfect sense once he explained it that admittedly, I'd never thought of even after 15-20 yrs of play. I truly believe the slight changes he recommended will not only be easy to implement (through some practice) but will make a huge improvement in my overall game.

While I'm sure prices are different based on different factors, I felt that we (me and my brother) got an absolute steal. Based on that, we both paid more than Lee charged as a tip and a show of appreciation for such a great job.

I hope that our paths cross again where I can get more instruction and to get his reevaluation to see how the adjustments he recommended for me (different than the ones for my brother) are coming along.

Again, great, great job Lee!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Ryan Malley

Meridian, MS

Ryan great to meet you and Jeremy, glad you liked the lessons and hopefully see you again in the future to further help your game.

Regards Lee

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee has a way of getting you to think about what bad habits you've picked up along the way and why they're no good. He does have a common sense approach and lets you change your game on your own terms with suggestions. It's like you're playing with your best bud and he's spotting potential flaws in your game. No pressure and good advice.

Best,
Mike

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
Lee...No offense taken. Perhaps I misunderstood Randy. That said, you missed an opportunity to train with one of the best instructors in the world.

Scott Lee

Randy is a very good instructor and also a very nice guy :)

Lee has a way of getting you to think about what bad habits you've picked up along the way and why they're no good. He does have a common sense approach and lets you change your game on your own terms with suggestions. It's like you're playing with your best bud and he's spotting potential flaws in your game. No pressure and good advice.

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the kind words. Hope you are doing well.