Happiness is....

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Simonis felt on the Olhausen GC III, in the Garage Mahal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 364

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I love the name......Garage Mahal!!!!!!

What kind of lighting that?......it looks efficient

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forget the manufacturer, but it works!

I've got 4 sets of LED track lighting up on ceiling that I also have on the table to make sure the table has plenty of light.

As for the felt, I had a Hainsworth burgundy on it previously and it rolled great. But the tournament blue does make a difference.

And talk about fast, Whaoooooo Nelly!

44Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forget the manufacturer, but it works!

I've got 4 sets of LED track lighting up on ceiling that I also have on the table to make sure the table has plenty of light.

As for the felt, I had a Hainsworth burgundy on it previously and it rolled great. But the tournament blue does make a difference.

And talk about fast, Whaoooooo Nelly!

I have the same cloth. Not sure I would ever want anything different.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I noticed the picture of the bike on the wall.....
...are you one of those guys who say it's not the arrow, it's the Indian?
:)

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GC stands for Grand Champion.

Yea, the cart has a few items; vodka (which I call white loud mouth), bourbon, and wine.

I'd have to say the the Simonis is very nice. I like the way it's playing.

The mechanic said my banks would tend to be a bit "wider", and he's right. There are also lines from the fold in the cloth from shipping, but cause no problem and he said they'd disappear after a while as will the "stretch marks" along the long rail.

I called around the local pool halls and aske who the best mechanic is, and I'm happy I did so. This guy was really good.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great, did the guy fix the pockets also? I heard those tables tend to spit out balls hit into the facings. Maybe not this particular model, but I know that several of the Olhausen's I played rattled balls like crazy.

My table is getting setup this Wed, my son picked out the Tournament Blue color for it as well.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem with the pockets spitting out. You do not want to hit more than pocket speed, but I think that goes for just about any table, except a Valley bar box !

Here is a photo of him putting layer of felt on pocket side of slate to cushion any kick back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 179

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The mechanic said my banks would tend to be a bit "wider", and he's right. There are also lines from the fold in the cloth from shipping, but cause no problem and he said they'd disappear after a while as will the "stretch marks" along the long rail.

Oh oh....sounds like the mechanic didn't stretch the cloth enough.
Those lines should disappear.
You're going to need it re-stretched in a few months.
Just had one done.....absolutely no lines.
I've had a few hundred tables done in my life...no lines allowed.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Given your definition of happiness, you are likely to have many years of happiness. Enjoy them.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I was wondering if the mechanic you hired was who I thought it was and your picture confirmed it. Yeah Randy is definitely the best mechanic in this area in my opinion. When I get a table he's going to be the guy I call, and I'm pretty sure he does or has done the tables for all the rooms here in Indy. Now we just need to get together and hit some on that bad boy sometime :). In the meantime consider me jealous.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
awesome

That's awesome the only thing that makes me happier is 1 pocket until about 2 in the morning, then crash.