Happy 50th Birthday, Brunswick Gold Crown!

JAM

I am the storm
Silver Member
I deal with a lot of media sources in my line of work, and imagine my surprise to see an article in Reuters about Brunswick Billiards celebrating their 50th birthday. :grin:

This year, Brunswick Billiards commemorates the 50th anniversary of its Gold Crown family of tables.

Based in Bristol, Wisconsin, the billiards division of Brunswick Corporation has more than 300 retail dealer locations across the United States and international distributors in more than 40 countries. :cool:

Reuters' headline: Brunswick Billiards Limited-Edition Gold Crown Cue Recognizes 50 Years of Excellence

Rack 'em up! Brunswick Billiards, a world leader in the design of billiards tables, game room furnishings and billiards equipment, is rolling out a limited-edition series of Gold Crown pool cues. Available this fall just in time for holiday gift giving and entertaining, the limited-edition cue collection honors the same craftsmanship, heritage and tradition as Brunswick's Gold Crown family of tables.

"The only variable piece of equipment in the game between two opponents, a pool cue should help a player exude the confidence he or she needs to develop their billiards game," said Austin Rothbard, president, Brunswick Billiards. "We're proud to offer players a limited-edition cue that is designed to fit their needs, personalities and styles of play. The quality design, cutting-edge technology and laser engraved details make this collection worthy of the Gold Crown name and an investment worth calling one's own."

The cue collection, which includes three distinct styles - Model GC1 (SRP: $500), Model GC3 (SRP: $600) and Model GC5 (SRP: $700), will be available for sale nationwide at select retail locations throughout the 2011 holiday season.
Only 500 Model GC5 cues will be available nationwide, each is numbered to reflect its exclusivity and quality stature.

When they say "limited edition," only 500 made, I feel like I want one. I need one of these, dag nab it.

Source: Reuters Article [Retrieved 14 October 2011]

Here's the limited edition Model GC5 cue: Limited Edition GC5

Shaft: 8-piece technology made from Hard Rock Maple
Joint: Uni-Loc quick release
Collar: Classically elegant stainless steel brushed nickel
Forearm: Cocobolo wood with aluminum and black poly inlays
Wrap: Genuine fine leather
Afterwrap: Cocobolo wood butt sleeve with aluminum and black inlay and silver limited-edition identification
Butt Collar: Stainless steel brushed nickel with Brunswick logo laser engraved
Bumper: Screw bumper with vintage molded logo
Weight Bolt: Interchangeable weight bolt system
MSRP: $700

Hmm...I wonder how it hits! :cool:
 

Attachments

  • gc5-cue[1].jpg
    gc5-cue[1].jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,236
I guess I'll have to buy a cake for my table this weekend! 50 years, not too shabby! Go Gold Crown :thumbup:
 
I guess I'll have to buy a cake for my table this weekend! 50 years, not too shabby! Go Gold Crown :thumbup:

When I used to work in the pool room, the Brunswick Gold Crown tables were considered one of the best. I can't remember now, but I seem to recall the corner pockets that had the bronze-colored metal were favored.

Here's the new Gold Crown V, which costs a mere 10 dimes. Wow! I have a Brunswick Century pool table that I paid 2 dimes for. I wonder what that's worth today. Probably not as much as the Gold Crown V. :p

I know the Siminos Tournament Blue cloth is favored today in professional settings, but there's just something about that traditional green cloth that I like seeing on a table. :cool:
 

Attachments

  • table_goldcrown_room1[1].jpg
    table_goldcrown_room1[1].jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,320
Some folks go all out when they purchase a pool table and get hand-carved legs with leather drop pockets.

Me personally, I like the traditional ball return. It sure does make it easy when playing one-hole to see who's got what as far as ball count. ;)

I just like ball return better than drop pockets, but I guess it's a personal preference. :smile:
 

Attachments

  • table_goldcrown_mah_detail1[1].jpg
    table_goldcrown_mah_detail1[1].jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,856
Thanks JAM, damn I'm old. I've got a year on the GC! :p

You're right about the style and playability, would love to have one if I had the room.
 
I am real fond of my early GC1 - just had RKC do an extreme makeover on her, marking a momentus half-century of service. :smile:

I LOVE my table!

Happy Birthday, Gold Crown!

Best,
Brian kc
 

Attachments

  • tableside-finished.jpg
    tableside-finished.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,474
Back
Top