Harder tha spotting SVB the break

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello fellow pool aficionados. In case any of you are interested in what got me out of hustling pool decades ago, check out my website www.thetaylormoroccancollection.com. Selling rugs to pool players is about as possible as my headline says, but everyone likes seeing the best of anything. That's what this is.
In the meantime, I do have more books and tapes to sell.
Keep it fun. Alfie

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
13634634.gif

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Selling rugs is harder than spotting SVB the break. It's not a riddle....just a little bit of common sense.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seeking rugs is harder than spotting SVB the break. It's not a riddle....just a little bit of common sense.

Yea.. we got it... homeboy is selling rugs.
So is TJ Maxx, Target, Walmart, & Home Goods.

AzB isn't for advertising rugs.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member

But these are the finest Morrocan rugs. You can't get these at Target. I was confused as to why this was posted here too. It's a first for me.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Alf Taylor was a great pool player back in the day. He retired from pool and went on to accomplish much. Part of which is his Moroccan rug and textile collection- the best collection of it's kind in the world.

In his avatar, you will see one of his books about pool and his life. Was a very good read. He also stated that he isn't trying to sell any rugs to pool players because that would be harder than spotting SVB the break and winning. But, he does still have some of his books and tapes for sale. Worth getting if you haven't already.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
You're all wrong.

He got out of hustling but is now willing to spot SVB the breaks and bet a Morrocan rug. Sounds to me like he's been practicing and is pretty confident about his game.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So instead of selling snow to Eskimos, he is trying to sell expensive rugs to rugged pool players who cannot even earn living playing in tourneys that payout peanuts . Add to that, pool players may not get paid their prizes or get strong armed bullied by promoters plus they ***** and whine more than Trump , Alf is better off selling Moroccan rugs to Moroccans :D

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Alf Taylor was a great pool player back in the day. He retired from pool and went on to accomplish much. Part of which is his Moroccan rug and textile collection- the best collection of it's kind in the world.

In his avatar, you will see one of his books about pool and his life. Was a very good read. He also stated that he isn't trying to sell any rugs to pool players because that would be harder than spotting SVB the break and winning. But, he does still have some of his books and tapes for sale. Worth getting if you haven't already.

Bingo! Although I could never justify spending on one of these rugs, Alf was kind enough to offer up a bit of free education. I guess you can lead some people to culture, but you can't make them think. Pretty sad.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Alf Taylor

Obviously, most of you do not recognize a true character of the game. Read the book and tell me you would not have liked to live the life of Alfie Taylor.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Obviously, most of you do not recognize a true character of the game. Read the book and tell me you would not have liked to live the life of Alfie Taylor.

+1 it is a very interesting book, written by a very interesting guy. Definitely a good read!

If you can't afford a rug maybe you have enough for a book.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy was winning more than practically anybody at
theCotton Bowling Palace,he realized that there was no future in pool
and made something of himself.

Go thou and do likewise.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're all wrong.

He got out of hustling but is now willing to spot SVB the breaks and bet a Morrocan rug. Sounds to me like he's been practicing and is pretty confident about his game.

Brilliant. This is why I still post on AZB. Well played sir.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Darn...I thought he was selling drugs.:embarrassed2: never had Moroccan hash.

Never mind that IM.:eek: doesn't make much sense to get an ounce of rug.

Last edited:

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My apologies

It seems I have bothered some of my fellow azbilliards friends with my off beat post about my current endeavors. You're absolutely right. Rug talk doesn't belong on this site. I think I was just a little bored and wanted to talk to my internet friends in the only venue I use. I don't do facebook or any other social media.
Gosh! I wish I could play super pool so I could have something to say worth reading.
Keep it germane. Alfie .

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems I have bothered some of my fellow azbilliards friends with my off beat post about my current endeavors. You're absolutely right. Rug talk doesn't belong on this site. I think I was just a little bored and wanted to talk to my internet friends in the only venue I use. I don't do facebook or any other social media.
Gosh! I wish I could play super pool so I could have something to say worth reading.
Keep it germane. Alfie .

Good to see you posting, Alfie!