Has any top level player just gone to regular bars for 'exhibitions?'

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was Mike's "caddy" at least a dozen times. 😁

He had big, strong hands (maybe the size of Sonny Liston's) and his grip could be bone crushing. By far the strongest man I ever met around a poolroom, and one of the nicest too.
Tennessee Tarzan is still around middle.Tn playing and doing mostly trick shot exhibitions. I have not seen him, but a buddy saw him a few weeks ago in Clarksville, TN. Said it seemed like people just naturally wanted to be around him

Gate City

Owner of Gate City Billia
Silver Member
We are basically closed now for the Rona virus. But we have had Earl, Johnny, Rodney Morris, and Shawn Putnam playing challenge matches. Earl and Johnny at least 10-12 times each. We always got a good crowd. Ready to open again.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have often wondered, so, I ask! I think my local bar. Which is currently closed due to covid. Say it was open. It's not a big bar but there are plenty of players on the one bar box and not one, me included, is over a C rating. On a Friday or Saturday, the one bar box (which is open challenge or whatever you call it when everybody puts their quarters on the table to challenge the last game winner) is the center of attention, it's the entertainment in the bar for the night.

I have always thought that it would be super cool if a pro or even a near pro grade player would come to the bar and put on some kind of show... mostly just playing... like, what if it was an announced event such that you hope to draw a crowd and the pro would play anybody. Just watching the pro play would be entertaining. Some kind of way s/he gets paid for coming. Has this been done and what was the format? Watching great players play and how they control the ball is amazing to regular pool players. It seems it would be a way to promote pool.

I’ve seen Mike Masse and Ewa Laurence in a tiny dive bar. It was great!

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums