Has anyone tried a Big pin In a predator 2..?

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im just wandering If anybody as ever tried a southwest style pin in a predator 2... I love the predator 2 leopard but not a fan of the uni lock.. Just trying to get some feedback.. =)

jjn7612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My roommate has a 314-2 for his Shurtz cue with a 3/8x11 pin in it. The hit is phenomonal. The wood to wood joint provides for a great amount of feedback and feels good in your hand.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
I've junked the Unilock in favor of a big SW style or Radial in more than a few....pm RacerRX next week & ask if his plays any better.;)

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
I've junked the Unilock in favor of a big SW style or Radial in more than a few....pm RacerRX next week & ask if his plays any better.;)

Kevin
Could a big pin be done in a small joint, ala a Meucci, Heubler, etc. ? Is there enough meat or is that why all of the big pins go into .850 kjoints ?

tim

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
stikapos said:
Kevin
Could a big pin be done in a small joint, ala a Meucci, Heubler, etc. ? Is there enough meat or is that why all of the big pins go into .850 kjoints ?

tim

Not a problem. There are several Moochies in this area with fat Radial pins.;)

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Not a problem. There are several Moochies in this area with fat Radial pins.;)

Well, you'll be getting a moochie after you finish with my other cue.....just sent today via via Fed Ex. Some duma$$ that looked like Larry Kotzwinkle out of "author author". Big duma$$ arguing about two pounds of fed ex shipping charges after the gal tells him the freakin thing is oversized anyway....what a DUMA$$. World is full of them. Hell, we've got one in the White House.

tim

racer rx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robertduke said:
Im just wandering If anybody as ever tried a southwest style pin in a predator 2... I love the predator 2 leopard but not a fan of the uni lock.. Just trying to get some feedback.. =)

Just got mine from Kevin Varney,

before: with the Uni-loc it felt dead, and really forward balanced with all the weight in the joint area.

after: ...got rid of the uni-loc in the shaft and butt joint. Installed a big pin, Feels way better, nicely balanced, and you get to feel the hit.
Kevin also installed Tan colored Phenolic ends to strengthen the joint. Very cool! And looks absolutely beautifull.

I also had some dings in the shaft and Kevin took them out... Hey Kevin, what's the secret to this? I see some cuemakers try to take the dings out, but in doing so, they take some wood away. By sanding down the shaft... yuck! But with your work, the shaft stays the same thinkness...
how do you do this?

thanks, again Kevin... well worth the wait!

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
racer rx said:
Just got mine from Kevin Varney,

before: with the Uni-loc it felt dead, and really forward balanced with all the weight in the joint area.

after: ...got rid of the uni-loc in the shaft and butt joint. Installed a big pin, Feels way better, nicely balanced, and you get to feel the hit.
Kevin also installed Tan colored Phenolic ends to strengthen the joint. Very cool! And looks absolutely beautifull.

I also had some dings in the shaft and Kevin took them out... Hey Kevin, what's the secret to this? I see some cuemakers try to take the dings out, but in doing so, they take some wood away. By sanding down the shaft... yuck! But with your work, the shaft stays the same thinkness...
how do you do this?

thanks, again Kevin... well worth the wait!

Glad you are happy sir. My goal is if I do work for you once....then I'll have a customer for life. Now you have a much, much better hitting cue than previously.:)

Hustler08

'' Dallas Kid ''
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Glad you are happy sir. My goal is if I do work for you once....then I'll have a customer for life. Now you have a much, much better hitting cue than previously.:)

Cant wait for mine too!! :D Heard only great things by people