Having Ariel Carmeli building my dream cue

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been trying to find the right piece of wood for my dream cue and after a 2 year search I finally found it, this piece of Curly Koa

KoaBlock2_zpse835300a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After being turned down I am even happier.

Koacue_zps06432930.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ariel Carmeli and I spent many hours discussing the veneer colors and this is what we decided upon, Maple, Light Blue, Sky Blue and Black

01-21_zps3bc2aef2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then came the inlay design. I kinda let Ariel pick this. He wanted to do Ivory dashes in the rings but I talked him into doing them in the shape of diamonds.

clear2_zpsa9ac4183.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All the inlays are Ivory with a dash of Abalone inserted.

More to follow

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pretty woods
great cue maker
what more could you ask for?

blues are nice too,good looking cue!

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here the handle is being added.

onlathe_zps79cd29c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No more lathe work .... Being sealed up ... Next comes the clear coats and polishing

Still deciding on what wrap to do .... Decisions ... Decisions
sealed_zpsab1aba78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, I would go with a basic black linen or black leather wrap.

The cue has great wood forearm, great veneers and points and inlays in the bottom.

It is busy without being gaudy, and that's tough. Keep the focus on the stuff I mentioned above, and don't put a wrap on that is going to draw away from those great choices you have already made, and he has executed.

If you had a plain forearm and butt, you can "jazz" the wrap, but on that cue, it would just be a negative IMO.

My advice is free, and probably worth what you paid for it...;)

Best of rolls,

ken

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I think black is the way to go...you want to show off that forearm. Brown would mute that out some and also not make the butt inlays stand out as much, because your eyes would be drawn to the wrap more because it's different from the point/butt sleeve wood. I would consider a black bison leather or Martin's awesome Spanish bull leather. If linen, solid black or possibly even black with blue speck.

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for all the advice ... Ariel is trying to talk me into black Elephant ear for the wrap.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken_4fun and Sean got it right.....go with black.......you need it to balance the cue design.....IMO.

Matt B.

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As some of you may know, I was debating on what wrap to have Ariel put on..... well the decision has been made.
Black Elephant ear.

goatroper

Registered
I know Ariel.........he wouldnt steer you wrong..........that cue turned out awesome........great choice on the wrap ..........very , very classy cue.....you have one nice cue there.......!!!