Hello all. I was hoping to get some advise on a current issue I am going through. I dropped off a cue to be delivered from WA to Mass. at my local Post Office last Friday. I dropped the cue off at 9:03am PST last Friday the 10th and went with Priority shipping as I usually do. I did get the deliver confirmation option so that I could check on delivery.
As of now there have been no updates so I went ahead and called the USPS and they opened up an investigation as it should have been delivered earlier this week. I understand this is a VERY busy time of the year and that there have been some snow storms along the way that could be causing the delay.
I have been in contact with the buyer and he has been very understanding. I have already told him that I am happy to give a full refund if the cue does not show up (I did not insure the cue because it is not a hugely expensive cue but it is still a fair amount of money). So my question is:
How long should I wait before giving him a refund?
As I stated, the other party has been very easy to talk to and this question is coming from my desire to resolve the situation and not his pressure or anything.
One thing to note is that the other party is not an AZ member and is not someone I know personally so I am a little hesitant to act to early. He contacted me through a newer member with little activity and we then exchanged phone calls. I just don't want to give a refund to early and then have the cue show up the next day and have to hunt down the money again.
Thank for our input.
As of now there have been no updates so I went ahead and called the USPS and they opened up an investigation as it should have been delivered earlier this week. I understand this is a VERY busy time of the year and that there have been some snow storms along the way that could be causing the delay.
I have been in contact with the buyer and he has been very understanding. I have already told him that I am happy to give a full refund if the cue does not show up (I did not insure the cue because it is not a hugely expensive cue but it is still a fair amount of money). So my question is:
How long should I wait before giving him a refund?
As I stated, the other party has been very easy to talk to and this question is coming from my desire to resolve the situation and not his pressure or anything.
One thing to note is that the other party is not an AZ member and is not someone I know personally so I am a little hesitant to act to early. He contacted me through a newer member with little activity and we then exchanged phone calls. I just don't want to give a refund to early and then have the cue show up the next day and have to hunt down the money again.
Thank for our input.
