Help identify early Adam carom cue

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found a couple pics of old ADAM SNOOKER, not carom, cues that had a joint much like this one. Most likely this is a snooker cue.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The poc on reddit shows the one as model S/T 10, and my sticker is S/T 1; therefore, the solution is to be cound in the Adam catalog for that model series.

Anyone here that might have it?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The poc on reddit shows the one as model S/T 10, and my sticker is S/T 1; therefore, the solution is to be cound in the Adam catalog for that model series.

Anyone here that might have it?
I've tried to find old ADAM stuff in the past. Nothing out there. Its an S/T10. Likely a snooker, not carom, cue. Found one pic of an old snooker cue with a joint much like this one. http://www.billiardsforum.com/pool-cue-identification/adam-cue-identification-and-value

Last edited:

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found a pic postdd in 2012 by txironhead which shows a standard pool cue pin. It was identified by jayman as a S/T1. So the theory of a shaft and. cue being made over looks likely.

Is Jayman still on AZB?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found a pic postdd in 2012 by txironhead which shows a standard pool cue pin. It was identified by jayman as a S/T1. So the theory of a shaft and. cue being made over looks likely.

Is Jayman still on AZB?
Don't know. Do a "Community" search. They did make some snooker cues with shafts a lot like those you show. That's a real old real basic ADAM model. Finding date info on those is almost impossible. I've done these searches before to no avail

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is Jayman still on AZB?

I think the possibility of it being made for the Canadian or European market is also still plausible.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Still had some Adam cues in the basement...unused..about 40 years old.

...made for BCE of the UK...very popular in Canada in the 80s

A31B6E39-2E70-457E-B48E-00592619C698.jpeg

62981BBB-7172-4928-9E3E-D5B39AD65242.jpeg

C35A3F56-CB7A-4B1D-A490-6F41D1492050.jpeg

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If pin was stuck, it happened twice to two cues bought separately.

As far as being a snooker cue, the ferrules are over an inch long and not metal.

See if pic attaches this time.

That makes Three. I've got one just like it.
Not exactly like that particular cue, because mine has a two tone nylon wrap.
Edit: Like the cue with the smaller brass, shaft joint pin.

Last edited:

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These pix might help. The wrapless butt is warped. The shafts fit both even though they seem different.

The sticker on the warped butt should identify it.

If the pins were added later, it would mean it happened twice and bith coincidentally wound up with me over time

Did you happen to find any more information about the Adams cues?

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing that I could prove, but to have a guess: I know the ST series in the "American" series would look just like mine when pieces are joined which leads me to think mine is for sales (by BCE) in commonwealth nations. It seems likely it was for British 8 ball.

Just my guess

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i actually love those wood pin cues if anyone wants to sell a few,call me
or PM

Did you see the pictures of the cues Nathan has with the brass pin in the shaft? If so, do you think they've been modified? I have one like the smaller brass pin in the shaft.