help identifying tip

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got this tip an a shaft of a Schon I bought. I have looked around at Muellers and Seyberts to see if I could identify it by one on there but can't seem to.

Heres what I know for sure:

1) It has the color of maybe a Moori, but it definitely is not a Moori.
2) It has 6 countable layers left but that does not mean it only came with six it was used when I got it but it is approximately 6.51mm(.256 in) high which means it either started extremely tall or it is relatively new.
3) Each layer measures approximately .89mm (.035in)
4) It is extremely soft.(I can indent it with my finger nail. If pushed from the side you can get it to flex ever so slightly, however it is not a delaminated tip.)
5) It plays rather awesome.

Its not any of these because of the amount of laters:

Karomi (12)
Aramith (10)
Bently (12)
5th Avenue (5)
Hirano (4)
Hercules (12)
Flying Pig (10)
Wild Boar (11)
Porper water buffalo (12)
Kamui (10)
Ni Li (10)
Stingray (11)
Wizard (11)
Fuji (10)
Da Vinci (10)
Talisman (11)

Predator Victory (not yellow)

I've narrowed it down by a few it could be because of the amount of layers left, and I'm guessing it started at a 7 or 8 layers.

So you got:
Pure X (8)
G2 (8)
Shotgun (6)
?

I am leaning towards Pure X mainly for color and layers as the one I think it is, but I have never seen one in person to know if it is a possibility or not. Im guessing its not a shotgun because it has 6 layers and I don't think it is the right color.

Im also guessing there are others out there I didn't find. So I am asking for people with far more experience than I with these tips for help. If anyone either knows for sure what it is OR knows for sure that its not one I mentioned in my list of possibles let me know. I love this tip and would like to put it on my daily shooter.

I did clean it up a bit so maybe it would help identifying it but it was already pretty clean. Like i said i think it was relatively new.

Attachments

• 2015-02-17 15.33.28.jpg
    2015-02-17 15.33.28.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 2015-02-17 15.33.35.jpg
    2015-02-17 15.33.35.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The layers looks a bit thicker than usual for a 8 or 9 layer tip, could it be a Molavia tip?

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like the Moori 5 tip, ordered a few 4 or 5 years ago, none left sorry

i tried Moori not even close to same feel. Moori was super hard compared to this. Its got to be one of the softest tips I have ever played with.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
The layers look quite a bit too thick for an Oinker to me. Colour wise and layer thickness wise I would say G2.

Last edited:

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess would be a Samson 5 layer version. Good tip in my opinion. Not a soft tip though. I'd say med to hard. Joe Barringer is where I got mine.
Sorry, I see now where you say it has six layers showing.

Last edited:

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It can be almost any tip and no one can ever determine what it really is and even if someone is correct about which tip it is, we'll never really know for certain.

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It can be almost any tip and no one can ever determine what it really is and even if someone is correct about which tip it is, we'll never really know for certain.

yes this is true however they can direct me towards something i can order then i can figure it out from there

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I just measured the soft oinkers I have and the layers are at .060" or 1.56 mm, so unless it's been pressed, I take back my thought of an Oinker.
Dave

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Ive never heard of an oinker tip. Is this the actual name of the tip. And where can i get them.

I am recently sold out,
Mike Gatzke may has some available?
As far as I am aware, they are not being produced anymore.