Help Sponsor the SBE 14.1 Challenge!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Spread the word

Guys: I just sent emails out to everyone on my pool distribution list and posted this info on the Facebook Illinois Straight Pool Club wall. That group has 884 members. Hopefully, a few will reach into their pockets to help keep Charlie and Steve's dream alive.

If any of you guys have lists of like minded individuals, you ought to let them know.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me down for $25. I think 14.1 is making a comeback and this will help.

I hope this event makes the SBE website because I see no mention of the Bob Jewett 14.1 challenge on the DCC site when the one pocket challenge and the Fat Boy mini both get mentioned. I might just not be looking in the correct place. I just sent a message on the DCC site about this so hopefully the DCC 14.1 event will make their website.

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys you can send checks made out to Charles Eames to the following address. Im sure Steve will post after work with his address as well.

Charles Eames
42 Deep Lane
Wantagh, NY 11793

Now that being said these checks will not be cashed or deposited until we know for certain that this event is going off. If not they will simply be sent back to the original senders.

Guys we cant thank you enough for the incredible generosity you are showing. We really want to see 14.1 back in the limelight where it belongs.

The way its going now with two tables running at all times we should definitely be able to more than get through the qualifiers and then on to the finals.

Im looking really forward to seeing all of you there.

Charlie

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the big thing I would like to see right now is a cue sponsor throw their hat in the ring. I would also like to include some prizes as well as the prize money for this event as well.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
I think the big thing I would like to see right now is a cue sponsor throw their hat in the ring. I would also like to include some prizes as well as the prize money for this event as well.

Charlie, I think that is a good idea that you will hold checks until your absolutely sure its coming off.

Secondly, Pete Tonkin has donated a custom cue to your event (see list), to be raffled, but you can add that money into the event as added if you wish.

And to all the people that have pledged - YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

Kev

Last edited:

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put me down for $25. I think 14.1 is making a comeback and this will help.

I hope this event makes the SBE website because I see no mention of the Bob Jewett 14.1 challenge on the DCC site when the one pocket challenge and the Fat Boy mini both get mentioned. I might just not be looking in the correct place. I just sent a message on the DCC site about this so hopefully the DCC 14.1 event will make their website.

Not to change topic for this thread but I heard back from the DCC on the site not mentioning 14.1 they asked what should it say, I sent that on to Bob Jewett and he can let them know. Just wanting to put in a word for the great people at diamond and their quick response on getting 14.1 some coverage.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to change topic for this thread but I heard back from the DCC on the site not mentioning 14.1 they asked what should it say, I sent that on to Bob Jewett and he can let them know. Just wanting to put in a word for the great people at diamond and their quick response on getting 14.1 some coverage.

Hey Elvicash I really dont think this is off topic. I think its exactly the right topic as matter of fact because if its a 14.1 event it will effect us all. The more 14.1 events we can get off the ground the better guys.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Bob Jewett once again proved my theory that he's the most generous & committed 14.1 fan in the world!

How could I not contribute given his example? I will commit the default $25 to this worthy venture.

mosconiac (Mark Nelson)

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Bob Jewett once again proved my theory that he's the most generous & committed 14.1 fan in the world!

How could I not contribute given his example? I will commit the default $25 to this worthy venture.

mosconiac (Mark Nelson)

Mark, yes Bob is the man for sure, unmatchable!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Most of you have seen this great event coming up in mid March being organized here on the forum. Steve and Charlie are working hard putting this event together and it will be a huge boost to 14.1.

The cost of the event is large with having to pay for approx. 3 or 4 vendor spaces and getting 2 tables there for the event. So far Bob Jewett has very generously offered to cover $1,000 of the expenses and Diamond Pool Tables has generously offered to sponsor the event as well providing the 2 tables. But these guys will still be stuck about $2,000 out of pocket, so we as a group need to do something to help these guys out and make sure the event comes off and runs well. I suggested to them that they charge $25 a for a 5 inning try at the event instead of $20 and put the extra $5 toward expenses as well, between these pledges and the little table/booth $5 fee I think they can cover the expenses.

I am going to have a large banner made giving credit to all that helped by sponsoring the event, the banner will hang at the event.. At the top in large letters will be Bob Jewett and Diamond as major sponsors. I am asking the forum members here to chip in and pledge $25 to the event expenses to these guys and have your name or business up on the banner as well. The $25 pledges will be in smaller letters than the 2 major sponsors, and size will be according to how many we wind up with in the end to fit on the banner. Please think about it, even if you aren't attending the SBE, lets keep this great game alive and well!

Post in the thread if you would like to pledge $25 (or more) and I will periodically update a list in this first post. Pledges will need to be sent to Steve and Charlie before the first week in March and that info will be provided by PM.

Thank you!
Kevin Vidal

1) Bob Jewett $1,000
2) Diamond Pool Tables - providing 2 - 9 footers
3) Kevin Vidal $25 + 1st & 2nd Trophies + Banner
4) dmgwalsh $25
5) sfleinen $25
6) Skess $25
7) Marop $25
8) Winston846 $25
9) Steve Lipsky $25
10) riding9 $25
11) Pete Tonkin www.TonkinCustomCues.com donates cue to raffle at SBE!
12) BayGene $25
13) Demondrew $25
14) John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards $25
15) elvicash $25
16) Dave Neslon $25
17) mosconiac $25
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

We seem to have stalled: On another thread the following was written:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Barouty View Post
For those of you who don't know, or even if you do, Amsterdam Billiards has a couple of s 14.1 leagues, Mon. nights and Sat. noons, of which I am the director.
The new season starts 1/18 and their are a few spots open for 8:30, Mon.
We have 54 entries divided into groups that play even up! This includes a dedicated Master Division that includes Steve Lipsky, Holdin Chin, Chris Lynch and other strong players.
Sat. sessions begin on the 23.
Don't get left out. This is a strong league for everyone.
(If Lipsky puts in another 25 I'll pledge 50.)

to which I reply

Things are a little tight for Steve but, If You go $50, I'll raise my donation to $50.

Name: Dennis Walsh

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to say it sounds incredible guys and work is really coming along. I know I have been on the phone non stop with people for this event. A few very very notable pros have also assured me of their participation in this event that seems to be getting bigger by the day.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
nasc is on for $25 via PM. Thanks Glen!

Mr Lynch up on the board, thanks Chris!

We are almost 2/3 of the way to the goal of 30 pledges!!

Dennis, I saw that to by Danny LOL, I bet its always a challenge for steve with Mr. B LOL

Charlie, thats great news you just wrote Bud!

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
We seem to have stalled: On another thread the following was written:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Barouty View Post
For those of you who don't know, or even if you do, Amsterdam Billiards has a couple of s 14.1 leagues, Mon. nights and Sat. noons, of which I am the director.
The new season starts 1/18 and their are a few spots open for 8:30, Mon.
We have 54 entries divided into groups that play even up! This includes a dedicated Master Division that includes Steve Lipsky, Holdin Chin, Chris Lynch and other strong players.
Sat. sessions begin on the 23.
Don't get left out. This is a strong league for everyone.
(If Lipsky puts in another 25 I'll pledge 50.)

to which I reply

Things are a little tight for Steve but, If You go $50, I'll raise my donation to $50.

Name: Dennis Walsh

I just spoke to Danny, and he has committed to a generous donation of $30,000, to be split in the following ways:

$2,000 for SBE;
$9,000 for Charlie, for having the idea;
$9,000 for Conan O'Brien, who may soon need it;
$5,000 for me, as a down payment on all the pain and suffering he has caused me the last decade; and
$5,000 to be split among all the people so far on the list.

Thanks Danny! You're a true gent!

- Steve