Help -- The Electrons Think I Have An Unread PM

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When a member is logged in to the AZ Forums, a "Welcome" box appears at the upper right of the screen. This box has a line showing whether the member has any Notifications.

For the last couple of days, even after I have read all of my Private Messages and everything else in the Notifications menu, the Welcome box still shows the bolded number "1" for Notifications and the Notifications menu says I have one unread Private Message.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone know the cause and the solution? Am I overlooking something? It's annoying having "the system" constantly tell me I have an unread PM when in fact I don't (at least not one I can find anywhere).
 
When a member is logged in to the AZ Forums, a "Welcome" box appears at the upper right of the screen. This box has a line showing whether the member has any Notifications.

For the last couple of days, even after I have read all of my Private Messages and everything else in the Notifications menu, the Welcome box still shows the bolded number "1" for Notifications and the Notifications menu says I have one unread Private Message.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone know the cause and the solution? Am I overlooking something? It's annoying having "the system" constantly tell me I have an unread PM when in fact I don't (at least not one I can find anywhere).

This happened once before when someone spammed the board. For whatever reason, the PM in question was at the bottom of the list of your saved PM's. I didn't even notice it at first because new ones normally sort at the top of the saved messages. You might check there.

Scott
 
Two ideas:

1. clear your browser cache and delete any cookies from AZB
2. Delete all your private messages (there's an option at the bottom in the dropdown box that allows you to save them first).
 
This happened once before when someone spammed the board. For whatever reason, the PM in question was at the bottom of the list of your saved PM's. I didn't even notice it at first because new ones normally sort at the top of the saved messages. You might check there.

Scott

BINGO! The last "message" in the list had no title, couldn't be opened, and was dated 01-01-1970. So I deleted it and the counter went back to zero.

Thank you, Scott!

CreeDo -- since I tried Scott's suggestion first, and it worked, I didn't need to try yours. But thank you for responding.
 
Back
Top