Hey Matchroom Sport!!! It's time to Let Them Play!

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next year, wouldn't be awesome see the ladies back in the mix. The very first Mosconi Cup had ladies playing alongside the men. Today, the ladies' skills are at a state where there are plenty of solid female players on both continents to choose from. One player each continent. It could even be for just one year.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see SVB and The Black Widow teamed up against Daz and Kelly Fisher?

DJ

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT MOVE... :thumbup:
Only problem again would be the selection process. Europe now have a Women's Euro Tour and the USA the current WPBA standings! :thumbup:

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to be a naysayer but if each team included a woman, the U.S. would have even less of a chance to bring the cup home.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to be a naysayer but if each team included a woman, the U.S. would have even less of a chance to bring the cup home.

Jeanette Lee or Ewa Laurance both play very well. And in short races, with the pressure on, none of the ladies have the bravado that Jeanette imposes. If they think differently, they should round up some cash and head to the DCC Walden Room in January.

Oh yeah, considering the Obama citizenship process, Karen Corr could be a US citizen by June.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeanette Lee or Ewa Laurance both play very well. And in short races, with the pressure on, none of the ladies have the bravado that Jeanette imposes. If they think differently, they should round up some cash and head to the DCC Walden Room in January.

Oh yeah, considering the Obama citizenship process, Karen Korr could be a US citizen by June.

I think Karen did get citizenship already, no?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only two women in this country that could compete our both from eeeuuuurrrrooooopppeeee

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have to second that, although most of the top women are from the asian (oriental?) countries, there is not a single US based woman player that can play along the pro women in a world competition. They may give it a good go, maybe win a few games vs the weaker ones, but for players that would be invited to play in the Mosconi cup, it would be a slaughter. We have "Pro" women entering as B players in tournaments for heavens sake!

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like the idea
hard enough for team Europe to field 5 imagine 4
Europe can field a team of 5 world champions
Thorsten was number 1 player in world last year and could not get onto euro team
truthfully the women involved would hurt it in my view especially singles,

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Race to five!

I am surprised year after year during, how so many Americans focus intently on how to give America an advantage in this game. Remember folks, it is a group of races to FIVE. There were several matches that simple shape and misses handed the wins to the Euros! Gifted. Even SVB's last two matches.

I don't think that Nikos is any where near the best on their team. And I also think that he's better than any of our players. But, he found a way to win more than anyone else and get the MVP!

Remember...a exhibition race to 5!! Let's stop focusing on how to give the USA an advantage. Instead, have faith in American Exceptionalism!

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Oh yeah, considering the Obama citizenship process, Karen Corr could be a US citizen by June.

You could call it the Mr & Mrs Mosconi Cup

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...I don't think that Nikos is any where near the best on their team. And I also think that he's better than any of our players. But, he found a way to win more than anyone else and get the MVP! ...

The MVP award went to Feijen.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The MVP award went to Feijen.

Wow, I thought the commentator said that if he won the match against SVB, he would win the MVP. I guess that I heard wrong.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised because Feijen was 3-1 and Niko was 4-1 (with one singles and 2 doubles wins vs SVB). Only loss was to Justin Hall. Of course, Feijen beat Hall in singles. But, Justin contributed with a couple of mistakes.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, I thought the commentator said that if he won the match against SVB, he would win the MVP. I guess that I heard wrong.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised because Feijen was 3-1 and Niko was 4-1 (with one singles and 2 doubles wins vs SVB). Only loss was to Justin Hall. Of course, Feijen beat Hall in singles. But, Justin contributed with a couple of mistakes.

Yes, the commentator said that, but it didn't go that way. Feijen was surprised, too, when it was announced.