High Strength Jade Stone Green Whip Mix

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, new commercial 2 foot squares of carpet have been installed in my man cave and the table is set up nice and level and ready for 860hr Seminos .
, Have installed new Super Speed's on my Centennial rails and they came out great . I am using the Jade Stone for the parting lines between the slate and have a question, there has been a small problem racking balls with the first one rolling out and wondering if the Jade Stone should be applied in that area as well
to help level the spot area up? Just asking before I do somthn crazier than usual

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
I don’t think there is a hole to fill under the first ball of the rack. If it rolls out of place , it is usually because chalk gets compressed under it from every break. Have you tried just scraping the spot with a blade?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, new commercial 2 foot squares of carpet have been installed in my man cave and the table is set up nice and level and ready for 860hr Seminos .
, Have installed new Super Speed's on my Centennial rails and they came out great . I am using the Jade Stone for the parting lines between the slate and have a question, there has been a small problem racking balls with the first one rolling out and wondering if the Jade Stone should be applied in that area as well
to help level the spot area up? Just asking before I do somthn crazier than usual
Why on earth would you use Jade stone mix in the slate seams??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why on earth would you use Jade stone mix in the slate seams??
Jade is a durable, colorful material that can be worked into shapes and given a high polish. These properties make it a very desirable gemstone. Jade has been used to make a variety of jewelry items such as pendants, necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, beads, cabochons, tumbled stones, and other items

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The jade stone wip mix is not jade, it's a high strength agent used in making dentures and other items that require strength and hardness combined. The mix is rated to 40,000 pounds per square inch in tests and does not crumble or degrade,,Jade stone mix is just a trade mark name and many
have been using it instead of bondo on tables the last few years,,also it doesn't shrink,,thanks for getting back.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The jade stone wip mix is not jade, it's a high strength agent used in making dentures and other items that require strength and hardness combined. The mix is rated to 40,000 pounds per square inch in tests and does not crumble or degrade,,Jade stone mix is just a trade mark name and many
have been using it instead of bondo on tables the last few years,,also it doesn't shrink,,thanks for getting back.
Great, if I need my teeth fixed, I know what to ask for, BUT when taking those slates apart, how well does it come apart, thats the problem!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Personally, I've not heard of a single table mechanic using it, and I've been around for a very long time.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well maybe I'll just stick with Bondo,,don't want to hurt the slate when the table is ever taken down. 1947 Centennial slate in good shape aren't found just laying around. Bondo it is then . It's always worked in the past. I'll save the jade stone mix for another project .

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I am not a mechanic but have set up my own tables and I would question using it on seams for many reasons. But as a material to fill nicks and scratches it works great.

The guys that moved my table stacked the slates on each other and some exposed screws left dozens of long and fairly deep scratches. The stuff is easybto work with, doesn't shrink or give off dust like bondo, and is about as durable as the slate itself. Mix it up, spread it out, smooth flush with a razor blade, let it cure...and you're done.

Good luck getting those slates apart without destroying them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: